From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
March 9, 2011 – New York Rangers 2, Anaheim Ducks 5 (Game No. 69, Away No. 35)
* The Rangers were defeated by the Anaheim Ducks, 5-2, tonight at Honda Center, and are now 35-30-4 overall with a 20-14-1 mark on the road. The loss ended the Blueshirts’ three-game winning streak on the road.
* New York notched one power play goal in three attempts (5:26), and is now 7-31 (22.6%) with the man advantage in their last eight games.
* Brandon Dubinsky opened the game’s scoring with an even strength goal at 3:30 of the first period, and registered a game-high, six shots on goal. The goal was his 20th of the season, marking the second time he has reached the 20-goal plateau, and established a new career-high with his 45th point of the season. Dubinsky has now tallied a point in each of the last two games (one goal, one assist).
* Marian Gaborik notched a power play goal at 5:31 of the third period, and is now tied for the team lead with 13 power play points and ranks second with five power play goals.
* Vinny Prospal tallied the primary assist on Gaborik’s power play goal to extend his scoring streak to five games (one goal, five assists over the span), and has tallied nine points (two goals, seven assists) in the last eight contests. He ranks second on the team in scoring with 12 points (four goals, eight assists) and is tied for first with eight assists in 16 games since returning from injury on Feb. 3. Prospal was also credited with a team-high-tying, four hits in the contest.
* Ryan Callahan tallied the primary assist on Dubinsky’s first period goal, and was credited with three hits and four shots in 20:31 of ice time. The assist was his 20th of the season, marking the first time he reached the 20-assist plateau in his career, and tied his career high with his 40th point of the season. Callahan leads the Rangers in scoring with 17 points (10 goals, seven assists) and 10 goals in 17 games since returning from injury on Feb. 1, including 15 points (eight goals, seven assists) in the last 12 contests.
* Artem Anisimov registered one assist in the contest, and has now recorded five points (three goals, two assists) in the last five games.
* Derek Stepan recorded an assist on Gaborik’s power play goal, and he has now registered three points (one goal, two assists) in the last three games.
* Henrik Lundqvist stopped 28 of 33 shots, and has now posted a record of 27-24-4 overall with a 16-11-1 mark on the road.
* The Blueshirts’ practice schedule for tomorrow, Mar. 10, is 1:00 p.m. local time at Sharks Ice at San Jose.
* The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the San Jose Sharks on Saturday, Mar. 12, at HP Pavilion at San Jose (10:30 p.m.), to complete their two-game west coast road trip. The game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio and newyorkrangers.com.