- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Posted By Carp On March 5, 2011 @ 12:19 am In Hockey,New York Rangers,NHL | 16 Comments
from the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
March 4, 2011 – New York Rangers 4, Ottawa Senators 1 (Game No. 67, Away No. 34)
* The Rangers defeated the Ottawa Senators, 4-1, tonight at Scotiabank Place to improve to 34-29-4 overall, including a 20-13-1 mark on the road. The Blueshirts have won each of their last three games on the road.
* Henrik Lundqvist made 28 saves to improve to 26-23-4 overall, with a 16-10-1 mark on the road. His 16 road wins are now tied for the league lead.
* Derek Stepan notched one goal, tallied the primary assist on the game-winning goal and posted a plus-two rating. He has now registered eight points (four goals, four assists) in the last 12 games.
* Mats Zuccarello tallied the game-winning goal at 6:26 of the second period, and has now recorded nine points (one goal, eight assists) in the last 16 games.
* Vinny Prospal opened the game’s scoring with an even strength goal at 10:08 of the first period, and was credited with a season-high-tying, four hits. He has now registered nine points (four goals, five assists) in 14 games since returning from injury on Feb. 3, including six points (two goals, four assists) in the last six contests.
* Artem Anisimov notched one goal and led the team with six shots on goal. The Rangers have now posted a record of 11-2-1 when he tallies a goal and are 17-5-2 when he registers a point.
* Dan Girardi registered one assist, and was credited with a game-high, five hits and eight blocked shots in 24:21 of ice time. Entering tonight’s contest, he led the league with 184 blocked shots.
* Wojtek Wolski tallied two assists, including one on the game-winning goal, and posted a plus-two rating. He has now recorded five points (two goals, three assists) in the last seven games, including three assists in the last three contests.
* Steve Eminger recorded one assist and posted a plus-three rating while skating in his 400th career NHL game.
* Ryan Callahan and Sean Avery each registered one assist in the contest. Callahan has now tallied nine points (four goals, five assists) in the last 10 games. Avery has recorded a point in each of the last two games (one goal, one assist), and is now tied for third on the team with 21 assists.
* Please note there is no practice scheduled for tomorrow, Mar. 5.
* The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Philadelphia Flyers on Sunday, Mar. 6, at Madison Square Garden (12:30 p.m.), in their fifth game in eight days. The game will be televised live on NBC and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio and newyorkrangers.com.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2011/03/05/post-game-notes-68/