- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Post-game notes, quotes
Posted By On March 3, 2011 @ 10:20 pm In Uncategorized | 91 Comments
Courtesy of the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES AND QUOTES
March 3, 2011 – New York Rangers 1, Minnesota Wild 3 (Game No. 66, Home No. 33)
• The Rangers were defeated by the Minnesota Wild, 3-1, tonight at Madison Square Garden, and are now 33-29-4 overall with a 14-16-3 mark at home.
• Sean Avery notched the game’s opening goal at 3:13 of the first period and registered three shots on goal. He has now recorded five points (three goals, two assists) in seven career games vs. Jose Theodore.
• Erik Christensen tallied the primary assist on Avery’s goal and won four of five faceoff attempts (80%). He has now recorded at least one point in three of the last four games, registering six points (three goals, three assists) in the last four games.
• Vinny Prospal registered one assist and three shots on goal, and won four faceoffs in five attempts (80%). He has now recorded seven points (two goals, five assists) in the last 10 contests, including five points (one goal, four assists) in the last five games.
• Brandon Dubinsky led all skaters with a season-high, eight shots on goal while skating in his 300th career NHL game. Dubinsky, who was originally selected as the Rangers’ second round choice, 60th overall, in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, has registered 66 goals and 102 assists for 168 points, along with 323 penalty minutes.
• Brian Boyle was credited with a team-high, five hits, and registered four shots on goal and a team-high, nine faceoff wins in 14 attempts (64%). Entering tonight’s contest, Boyle led the team and ranked 10th in the NHL with 190 hits.
• Marc Staal logged 21:38 of ice time in his return to the lineup after missing the previous three games due to a knee strain sustained on Feb. 22.
• Henrik Lundqvist made 16 saves and is now 25-23-4 overall, including a 10-13-3 mark at home.
• The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Ottawa Senators tomorrow, Mar. 4, at Scotiabank Place (7:30 p.m.), in the second game of a back-to-back set. The game will be televised live on MSG 2 and can be heard on 970 The Apple and newyorkrangers.com.
John Tortorella on moving forward… “We are going to keep our heads up, we are going to stay together and we are going to find our way.”
Henrik Lundqvist on the team’s play… “The last couple of weeks the puck seems to be bouncing on a lot of guys. We are there but the puck seems to be finding our net. I felt pretty sharp and am doing the right things out there. I think we are all trying to think positive.”
Ryan Callahan on tonight’s game… “We had a good start and we played a pretty good game but we are not going to win games scoring one goal or two. We have to find a way to score more goals.”
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2011/03/03/post-game-notes-quotes-50/