- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Post-game notes, quotes
Posted By On February 27, 2011 @ 4:34 pm In Hockey,New York Rangers,NHL | 34 Comments
More quotes to follow.
Courtesy of the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES AND QUOTES
February 27, 2011 – New York Rangers 1, Tampa Bay Lightning 2 (Game No. 64, Home No. 31)
• The Rangers were defeated by the Tampa Bay Lightning, 2-1, today at Madison Square Garden, and are now 33-27-4 overall with a 14-14-3 mark at home. New York is 2-1-0 in their last three games.
• Brandon Prust notched his 10th goal of the season with a shorthanded goal at 9:42 of the second period to extend his scoring streak to three games (two goals, one assist over the span). He is now tied for the NHL lead with six shorthanded points, and tied for second in the league with four shorthanded goals.
• New York is now tied for the league lead with 10 shorthanded goals on the season, their most since they tallied 11 shorthanded goals during the 2006-07 season.
• Ryan McDonagh tallied the primary assist on Prust’s shorthanded goal, and led all skaters with 24:41 of ice time. He has now registered three assists in the last four games, and has logged 20 or more minutes of ice time in six of the last seven games.
• Brian Boyle recorded one shorthanded assist and was credited with five hits in 20:02 of ice time. He has registered three points (one goal, two assists) in the last two games.
• Bryan McCabe registered two shots and logged 17:35 of ice time while making his Rangers debut following his trade from Florida yesterday, in exchange for Tim Kennedy and a third round pick in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
• The Rangers won 34 faceoffs in 52 attempts for a 65% winning percentage. Brandon Dubinsky led all skaters with 14 faceoff wins in 17 chances (82%), while Erik Christensen won 12 of 14 faceoffs (86%).
• Ryan Callahan led all skaters with three blocked shots, tied for the game-high with four shots on goal and tied for the team-high with five hits in 22:12 of ice time.
• Henrik Lundqvist made 17 saves and is now 25-21-4 overall, including a 10-11-3 mark at home.
• The Blueshirts’ practice schedule for tomorrow, Feb. 28, is 12:00 p.m. at the MSG Training Center.
• The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Buffalo Sabres on Tuesday, Mar. 1, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), as they continue their three-game homestand. The game will be televised live on Versus and can be heard on 970 The Apple and newyorkrangers.com.
John Tortorella on today’s game… “We defended, we had problems with their speed early on but then we finally got our forecheck going. They sit back, watch it, dump it in – we knew how they were going to play. We got around the puck as the game went on. We had some chances, didn’t score right to the bitter end.
Henrik Lundqvist on Bryan McCabe… “He looks great. It is not easy to come in; he looked very comfortable out there. His shot is very good. He finds ways to get the puck through a lot, which is huge. Just having a veteran out there makes the young guys feel more comfortable.”
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2011/02/27/post-game-notes-quotes-48/