- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Posted By On February 22, 2011 @ 11:54 pm In Hockey,New York Rangers,NHL | 58 Comments
Courtesy of the New York Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
February 22, 2011 – New York Rangers 4, Carolina Hurricanes 3 SO (Game No. 62, Away No. 32)
* The Rangers defeated the Carolina Hurricanes, 4-3, in the shootout tonight at RBC Center to improve to 32-26-4 overall, including an 18-13-1 mark on the road.
* Wojtek Wolski tied the score at three with 1:50 remaining in regulation to send the game into overtime, and tallied the game-deciding goal in the third round of the shootout. He also registered four shots on goal in 20:21 of ice time, and has notched a goal in each of the last two games.
* Brandon Prust opened the game’s scoring at 2:08 of the first period, off a feed from Sean Avery. It marks the second consecutive game the Blueshirts tallied the game’s first goal.
* Ryan Callahan notched one goal, and registered five shots on goal and three blocked shots in 23:56 of ice time. He has recorded eight points (six goals, two assists) in 10 games since returning from injury on Feb. 1.
* Henrik Lundqvist stopped 30 of 33 shots through regulation and overtime, and turned aside all three shots faced in the shootout to improve to 24-20-4 overall with a 14-10-1 mark on the road. He now ranks fourth on the Rangers’ all-time wins list with 201 career victories.
* Ryan McDonagh registered the lone assist on Wolski’s game-tying goal at 18:10 of the third period, and was credited with four blocked shots in a career-high, 24:55 of ice time. He has now tallied an assist in each of the last two games.
* Mats Zuccarello tallied one assist, and registered five shots on goal and three hits. He has now registered seven assists in the last 11 games.
* Vinny Prospal registered one assist and a game-high, eight shots on goal. He has now recorded four points (two goals, two assists) and 28 shots on goal since returning from injury on Feb. 3.
* The Rangers were credited with 32 hits and 26 blocked shots in the contest. Dan Girardi led all skaters with seven hits, and Michael Sauer led the Blueshirts with five blocked shots.
* Please note the Blueshirts do not have practice scheduled for tomorrow, Feb. 23. The Rangers’ next practice is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 24, at Kettler Capitals Iceplex in Arlington, VA.
* The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Washington Capitals on Friday, Feb. 25, at Verizon Center (7:00 p.m.), in their second of three consecutive games vs. Southeast Division opponents. The game will be televised live on MSG 2 and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio and newyorkrangers.com.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2011/02/22/post-game-notes-66/