Courtesy of the Rangers:
February 11, 2011 – New York Rangers 2, Atlanta Thrashers 3 (Game No. 57, Away No. 30)
* The Rangers were defeated by the Atlanta Thrashers, 3-2, tonight at Philips Arena, and are now 29-24-4 overall with a 17-12-1 mark on the road.
* Fifteen of the Blueshirts’ last 19 games have been decided by one goal, including eight of their last 11 road games.
* Marc Staal notched the Rangers’ first goal of the contest with a power play tally 26 seconds into the second period, and logged 24:47 of ice time. Entering tonight’s contest, he was tied for 24th among NHL defensemen with six goals and 19th with three power play goals. Staal is now tied for the team lead with four power play goals, and ranks third on the Rangers with nine power play points.
* Brandon Dubinsky tallied an even strength goal to give the Blueshirts a one-goal lead at 1:11 of the third period, and has now recorded a goal in each of the last two games. He also registered four shots on goal, was credited with three hits, and won a team-high, 10 faceoffs in 17 attempts (59%).
* Marian Gaborik registered two assists and a team-high, five shots on goal in 19:18 of ice time. He has now tallied 12 points (five goals, seven assists) in the last 10 games, including six assists in the last six contests. Gaborik was also awarded a penalty shot, while shorthanded, at 7:36 of the third period (save). It was his second penalty shot attempt of the season, and the sixth of his career (2-6).
* Henrik Lundqvist stopped 32 of 35 shots, and is now 21-18-4 overall with a 13-9-1 mark on the road. He has held opponents to three or fewer goals in 34 of his 43 appearances.
* Vinny Prospal recorded one power play assist, and has now registered two points (one goal, one assist) in four games since returning from injury on Feb. 3 vs. New Jersey after missing the first 53 games of the season due to a knee injury.
* Ryan McDonagh tallied an assist on Dubinsky’s even strength goal at 1:11 of the third period, and logged 19:03 of ice time. He also posted a plus-one rating, and has now posted a plus or even rating in 12 of his 16 games.
* Dan Girardi led all skaters with five blocked shots, and Ryan Callahan was credited with a game-high, six hits. Entering tonight’s contest, Girardi led the league with 152 blocked shots, while Ryan Callahan ranked 21st in the NHL with 140 hits.
* The Blueshirts’ practice schedule for tomorrow, Feb. 12, is 2:00 p.m. at the MSG Training Center.
* The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Sunday, Feb. 13, at Madison Square Garden (3:00 p.m.), in an Atlantic Division match-up. The game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio and newyorkrangers.com.