Courtesy of the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
February 7, 2011 – New York Rangers 2, Detroit Red Wings 3 (Game No. 56, Away No. 29)
* The Rangers were defeated by the Detroit Red Wings, 3-2, tonight at Joe Louis Arena, and are now 29-23-4 overall with a 17-11-1 mark on the road.
* New York out-shot Detroit, 47-35, including an 18-5 advantage in the third period. The Blueshirts have now out-shot their opponent, 91-26, in the third period of their last seven games.
* Derek Stepan tallied the Rangers’ first goal of the game at 3:09 of the third period to tie the score at one goal apiece. He was also credited with a career-high, five hits.
* Brandon Dubinsky responded to a pair of Red Wing goals with an even strength tally at 15:55 of the third period to pull the Rangers to within one. The goal was Dubinsky’s 40th point of the season, marking the fourth straight season he has reached the 40-point plateau.
* Sean Avery registered the primary assist on Dubinsky’s goal, and tied for the game-high with six shots on goal. Avery ranks third on the team with 19 assists on the season.
* Martin Biron stopped 32 of 35 shots while making his second consecutive start in net, and is now 8-6-0 overall with a 4-3-0 mark on the road. He is now 7-5-0 with a 2.02 goals against average and a .933 save percentage in his last 15 games.
* Marian Gaborik recorded an assist on Dubinsky’s goal at 15:55 of the third period, and has now tallied 10 points (five goals, five assists) in the last nine games.
* Matt Gilroy tallied the primary assist on Stepan’s goal at 3:09 of the third period, and registered three shots in 15:46 of ice time. The Rangers have now posted a record of 5-1-1 when he registers a point.
* Wojtek Wolski recorded one assist and logged 17:41 of ice time. He has now tallied nine points (three goals, six assists) in 13 games as a Ranger since being acquired on January 10, including eight points (two goals, six assists) in the last 10 contests.
* Marc Staal led all skaters with 25:27 of ice time while skating in his 300th career NHL contest. The Rangers’ first round selection, 12th overall, in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft, Staal has registered 19 goals and 52 assists for 71 points, along with 186 penalty minutes and a plus-16 rating in four seasons.
* Vinny Prospal registered a game-high-tying, six shots on goal, and has now recorded 13 shots in three games since his return to the lineup vs. New Jersey on Thursday.
* Mats Zuccarello was credited with a career-high, five hits, and registered three shots on goal in 15:52 of ice time.
* The Rangers will conclude their three-game road trip when they face-off against the Atlanta Thrashers on Friday, Feb. 11, at Philips Arena (7:30 p.m.). The game will be televised live on MSG 2 and can be heard on 970 The Apple and newyorkrangers.com.