- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Posted By On February 5, 2011 @ 6:41 pm In Hockey,New York Rangers,NHL | 54 Comments
From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
February 5, 2011 – New York Rangers 0, Montreal Canadiens 2 (Game No. 55, Away No. 28)
* The Rangers were defeated by the Montreal Canadiens, 2-0, today at Bell Centre, and are now 29-22-4 overall with a 17-10-1 mark on the road.
* Martin Biron stopped 27 of 28 shots, and is now 8-5-0 overall with a 4-2-0 mark on the road. He is now 7-4-0 with a 1.95 goals against average and a .934 save percentage in his last 14 games, and has held opponents to two or fewer goals in nine of his 14 starts.
* The Blueshirts out-shot the Canadiens, 19-6, in the final frame, and have now out-shot their opponents, 73-21, in the third period of their last six games.
* Dan Girardi tied for the game-high with four blocked shots, and logged 23:54 of ice time. Girardi leads the league with 149 blocked shots on the season.
* Marc Staal led all skaters with 25:48 of ice time, and now ranks seventh in the NHL in average ice time (25:32). The last time a Ranger averaged 25+ minutes of ice time per game was Brian Leetch in 2003-04 (26:14).
* Brandon Dubinsky won a game-high, 12 faceoffs in 19 attempts (63%), and led all forwards with 22:34 of ice time.
* The Blueshirts’ practice schedule for tomorrow, February 6, is 10:30 a.m. at Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec.
* The Rangers will continue their three-game road trip when they face-off against the Detroit Red Wings on Monday, Feb. 7, at Joe Louis Arena (7:30 p.m.), in an Original Six match-up. The game will be televised live on Versus and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio and newyorkrangers.com.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2011/02/05/post-game-notes-64/