First the injury update:
X-rays on Brandon Prust’s foot were negative. He’s day to day.
Dan Girardi suffered a lower ribcage injury. He’s also day to day.
Evgeny Grachev and Michael Del Zotto were recalled from Connecticut (AHL). Dale Weise was re-assigned to the Whale.
Courtesy of the New York Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
January 22, 2011 – New York Rangers 3, Atlanta Thrashers 2 SO (Game No. 50, Away No. 26)
* The Rangers defeated the Atlanta Thrashers, 3-2, in the shootout tonight at Philips Arena to improve to 28-19-3 overall, including a 16-9-1 mark on the road. New York has registered a point in 23 of their last 35 games (21-12-2), and are now 11-6-2 in their last 19 contests. The Rangers held the Thrashers to just three shots on goal in the third period and overtime.
* The Blueshirts are now tied for the NHL lead with 16 wins on the road this season.
* Brian Boyle notched the game-tying goal with 5:19 remaining in regulation to send the game into overtime. He also led the Rangers with six shots on goal, and was credited with a team-high, four blocked shots. Boyle has now registered 14 points (seven goals, seven assists) in the last 23 games, including three goals in the last five contests.
* Henrik Lundqvist stopped 20 shots through regulation and overtime, and turned aside all three shots he faced in the shootout to improve to 21-15-3 overall with a 13-8-1 mark on the road. He is now 14-7-2 with a 1.80 goals against average, a .937 save percentage and five shutouts in his last 23 games, and has held opponents to two or fewer goals in nine of his last 11 contests. Lundqvist’s 13 road wins leads all NHL goalies, and he is now tied for second with four shootout wins (4-1, 20/23 – .870%).
* Mats Zuccarello notched the game-deciding goal in the shootout, and registered a season-high, five shots on goal. He is now 3 for 3 (100%) in the shootout, with two game-deciding goals.
* Wojtek Wolski tallied the Rangers’ first goal of the game at 2:43 of the second period, and registered four shots on goal in 18:05 of ice time. He has now recorded six points (three goals, three assists) in seven games as a Ranger, including five points (two goals, three assists) in the last four contests.
* Kris Newbury recorded his first point as a Ranger with the primary assist on Boyle’s game-tying goal, and won three of four faceoffs (75%). He is now 21-28 (75%) on faceoffs in the last four games.
* Derek Stepan registered one assist and logged 20:00 of ice time. He has now recorded 24 points (10 goals, 14 assists) in the last 34 games, including five points (one goal, four assists) in the last five contests.
* Dan Girardi tallied his 20th assist of the season on Wolski’s second period goal, marking the first time in his career he reached the 20-assist plateau. Entering tonight’s contest, Girardi was tied for 24th among NHL defensemen in assists.
* Michael Sauer recorded an assist on Boyle’s game-tying goal and logged a career-high, 26:54 of ice time. The Rangers improved to 5-0-0 when he registers a point.
* Brodie Dupont made his NHL debut following his recall from Connecticut (AHL) on Wednesday. He is the sixth Ranger to make their NHL debut this season.
* Please note the Blueshirts do not have practice scheduled for tomorrow, Jan. 23.
* The Rangers will conclude their three-game road trip when they face-off against the Washington Capitals on Monday, Jan. 24, at Verizon Center (7:30 p.m.), in the first game of a back-to-back set. The game will be televised live on Versus and can be heard on 970 The Apple and newyorkrangers.com.