Courtesy of the New York Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
January 20, 2011 – New York Rangers 1, Carolina Hurricanes 4 (Game No. 49, Away No. 25)
* The Rangers were defeated by the Carolina Hurricanes, 4-1, tonight at RBC Center, and are now 27-19-3 overall with a 15-9-1 mark on the road.
* New York completed their 13th back-to-back set, which is the most in the NHL. The Rangers have 18 back-to-back sets on their regular season schedule, which is tied for sixth most in the league this season.
* Brandon Prust notched the Rangers’ lone goal at 11:40 of the third period to establish a new career-high with his sixth goal of the season. He has now registered three points (one goal, two assists) in the last four points.
* Both Chad Kolarik and Ryan McDonagh registered their first career point with an assist on Brandon Prust’s goal, marking the first time two players recorded their first NHL point on the same goal since Nov. 28, 2009 (Edmonton’s Colin McDonald, goal, assisted by Ryan O’Marra at Vancouver).
* Chad Kolarik recorded his first career point with the primary assist on Prust’s goal, and registered four shots on goal while making his Rangers debut. Kolarik was recalled from Connecticut (AHL) yesterday.
* Ryan McDonagh tallied his first NHL point with an assist, and logged 16:38 of ice time. McDonagh has posted a plus or even rating in seven of his eight games, registering a plus-seven rating over the span.
* Henrik Lundqvist made 35 saves in net, and is now 20-15-3 overall with a 12-8-1 record on the road. He has posted a record of 13-7-2 with a 1.80 goals against average, a .938 save percentage and five shutouts in his last 22 games.
* Artem Anisimov registered a career-high, seven shots on goal, and now ranks third on the team with 111 shots.
* Kris Newbury won eight faceoffs in 10 attempts (80%), and is now 18-24 (75%) on faceoffs in the last three games.
* Please note the Blueshirts do not have practice scheduled for tomorrow, Jan. 21.
* The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Atlanta Thrashers on Saturday, Jan. 22, at Philips Arena (7:00 p.m.), in their third game in four nights. The game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio and newyorkrangers.com.