Courtesy of the New York Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
January 15, 2011 – New York Rangers 2, Montreal Canadiens 3 (Game No. 46, Away No. 24)
- The Rangers were defeated by the Montreal Canadiens, 3-2, tonight at Bell Centre, and are now 26-17-3 overall with a 15-8-1 mark on the road. After taking an early lead, the Canadiens tallied three goals in a span of two minutes, 44 seconds, including two power play goals late in the first period.
- Henrik Lundqvist stopped 38 of 41 shots, including the last 28 shots he faced, and is now 19-14-3 overall with a 12-7-1 mark on the road. Lundqvist has posted a record of 12-6-2 with a 1.77 goals against average, a .937 save percentage and four shutouts in his last 20 games.
- Dan Girardi recorded two assists, led the team and tied for the game-high with six shots on goal, and posted a plus-two rating in a game-high 27:38 of ice time. Entering tonight’s contest, he was tied for 26th among NHL defensemen with 17 assists.
- Brian Boyle notched the game’s opening goal at 6:58 of the first period and won a game-high, 13 faceoffs in 21 attempts (62%). He has registered 12 points (five goals, seven assists) in the last 19 games.
- Mats Zuccarello tallied a goal at 6:57 of the third period, and has now recorded four points (two goals, two assists) in the last six games.
- Brandon Prust recorded the primary assist on Boyle’s first period goal, and was credited with a game-high, five hits. He also posted a plus-one rating in the contest, and has now posted a plus or even rating in 21 of the last 26 games (plus-eight over the span).
- Derek Stepan registered the primary assist on Zuccarello’s third period goal, and was credited with two blocked shots. Stepan has now tallied 20 points (nine goals, 11 assists) in the last 30 games.
- The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Philadelphia Flyers tomorrow, Jan. 16, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), to conclude their back-to-back set. The game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 970 The Apple and newyorkrangers.com.