Courtesy of the NYR:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
January 2, 2011 – New York Rangers 0, Florida Panthers 3 (Game No. 40, Away No. 21)
* The Rangers were defeated by the Florida Panthers, 3-0, tonight at BankAtlantic Center, ending their four-game point streak (2-0-2). New York is now 22-15-3 overall with a 13-7-1 mark on the road.
* Martin Biron stopped a season-high, 33 of 35 shots, and is now 6-3-0 overall with a 2-1-0 mark on the road. He has made 30 or more saves in three of his last four games, and is now 5-2-0 with a 2.37 goals against average and .922 save percentage in his last nine games. Biron has posted a record of 13-5-2 in his last 21 starts, including a 7-2-2 mark in his final 11 starts last season dating back to a 4-3 win on Feb. 9, 2010 vs. Nashville.
* Brian Boyle was credited with a game-high, six hits, and tied for the game-high with four shots on goal. Boyle finished the Rangers’ three-game road trip with 17 hits, and is currently tied for eighth in the NHL with 121 hits on the season.
* Dan Girardi and Steve Eminger tied for the game-high with four blocked shots in the contest. Girardi, who registered his 100th career point with an assist at Tampa Bay last night, currently leads the NHL with 114 blocked shots. Eminger now ranks second on the team with 64 blocked shots on the season.
* Marc Staal led all skaters with 28:10 of ice time, and now ranks ninth in the NHL in average ice time (25:07). The last time a Ranger averaged 25 or more minutes of ice time was Brian Leetch during the 2003-04 season (26:14).
* After an off-day tomorrow, the Blueshirts’ next practice is scheduled for 10:45 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 4, at the MSG Training Center.
* The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Carolina Hurricanes on Wednesday, Jan. 5, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in their third straight game vs. a Southeast Division opponent. The game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio and newyorkrangers.com.