From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
Jan. 1, 2011 – New York Rangers 1, Tampa Bay Lightning 2 OT (Game No. 39, Away No. 20)
- The Rangers were defeated by the Tampa Bay Lightning, 2-1, in overtime tonight at St. Pete Times Forum, and are now 22-14-3 overall with a 13-6-1 mark on the road. New York has registered a point in 17 of their last 24 games, posting a record of 15-7-2 over the span.
- Henrik Lundqvist stopped 31 of 33 shots, and is now 16-12-3 overall, including a 11-6-1 mark on the road. In his last 15 games, Lundqvist is 8-4-2 with a 1.84 goals against average, a .932 save percentage and three shutouts. He has registered 30 or more saves in 14 contests this season, and entered tonight’s contest ranked eighth in the NHL with 814 saves.
- Marian Gaborik notched a goal with 46 seconds remaining in regulation to send the game into overtime. He has now recorded 20 points (11 goals, nine assists) in his last 21 games, including three points (two goals, one assist) in the last three contests.
- Dan Girardi registered his 100th career NHL point with the only assist on Gaborik’s game-tying goal, and was credited with a team-high, five hits and three blocked shots in a game-high, 26:59 of ice time. He has recorded six points (one goal, five assists) in the last eight games, and now leads the team with 17 assists on the season.
- Brandon Dubinsky tied for the game-high with six shots on goal, and led all forwards with 22:14 of ice time. Dubinsky leads the team with 100 shots on the season, and ranks first among Rangers’ forwards in average ice time (20:04).
- Marc Staal tied for the team-high with three blocked shots, and logged 26:45 of ice time. Entering tonight’s contest, Staal led the team and ranked ninth in the NHL in average ice time (24:59).
- The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Florida Panthers tomorrow, Jan. 2, at BankAtlantic Center (5:00 p.m.), to conclude their back-to-back set. The game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 970 The Apple and newyorkrangers.com.