From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
December 29, 2010 – New York Rangers 3, New Jersey Devils 1 (Game No. 38, Away No. 19)
* The Rangers defeated the New Jersey Devils, 3-1, tonight at Prudential Center to improve to 22-14-2 overall, including a 13-6-0 mark on the road. New York has registered a point in 16 of their last 23 games, posting a record of 15-7-1 over the span, and now lead the league with 13 road wins.
* Henrik Lundqvist stopped a season-high, 43 shots, including all 20 shots faced in the second period, improving to 16-12-2 overall, including a 11-6-0 mark on the road. He is now 8-4-1 with a 1.83 goals against average, a .932 save percentage and three shutouts in his last 14 games, and is tied for the league lead with 11 road wins. Lundqvist is now 21-7-5 with a 1.80 goals against average in 33 career regular season games vs. the Devils, and improved to 19-4-5 with a 1.69 goals against average and .939 save percentage in 28 career regular season games against Martin Brodeur.
* Brandon Dubinsky registered two points, including the primary assist on the game-winning goal and an empty net goal, and posted a plus-two rating. He has now recorded points in each of the last three games (two goals, three assists), and has tallied 12 points (four goals, eight assists) in the last 12 contests.
* Michal Rozsival notched the game-winning goal and tied for the game-high with two blocked shots. He has now recorded six points (one goal, five assists) in the last nine games.
* Brian Boyle tallied the Rangers’ first goal at 7:18 of the first period, responding to a Devil’s goal just 47 seconds earlier, and registered game-highs with six shots, seven hits and 13 faceoff wins in 20 attempts (65%). Boyle extended his scoring streak to three games (two goals, three assists over the span), and has now registered 11 points (four goals, seven assists) in the last 11 games.
* Derek Stepan extended his scoring streak to five games (four goals, two assists) with an assist on the game-winning goal, and has now recorded 18 points (eight goals, 10 assists) in the last 22 contests.
* Ruslan Fedotenko recorded the primary assist on Brian Boyle’s goal at 7:18 of the first period, and registered four shots on goal. He has tallied a point in each of the last three games (two goals, one assist), and four of the last five (two goals, two assists).
* Artem Anisimov extended his assist streak to three games (three assists) with an assist on Brandon Dubinsky’s empty net goal, and has now registered six points (two goals, four assists) in the last seven games.
* Brandon Prust registered one assist in 18:31 of ice time and has now recorded eight points (four goals, four assists) in the last 12 games, including an assist in each of the last two contests.
* After an off-day tomorrow, the Blueshirts’ next practice is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 31, at St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa Bay, Florida.
* The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday, Jan. 1, at St. Pete Times Forum (7:30 p.m.), to begin a back-to-back set. The game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio and newyorkrangers.com.
* New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced tonight that forward Dale Weise has been recalled from the Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League (AHL). Weise, 22, has registered seven goals and five assists for 12 points, along with 29 penalty minutes in 16 games with the Whale this season. He ranks fourth on the team in goals, and is tied for third on the Whale with four power play goals despite missing 18 games due to injury this season. Weise made his NHL debut on December 18, and was assessed a fighting major in a 4-1 loss at Philadelphia.