- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Flyers-Rangers in review
Posted By On December 19, 2010 @ 7:00 am In Hockey,New York Rangers | 125 Comments
Gotta confess, I didn’t see the whole thing … saw the first period, then Rangers in 60, so feel free to correct me if I’m wrong (for the first time ever).
1) I didn’t mind Dale Weise one bit. In fact, I liked the size he brought, I liked the willingness. He very nearly had a goal off the wing, and he had the disallowed (correctly) goal. And of course, any time that piece of carcillo absorbs punches, that’s like Christmas morning. I noticed Weise used the same method he employed in a preseason fight with Foligno of Ottawa, where he grabs the guy’s shirt collar with the left and, while loading up the right, gets in a few jabs with the fistful of shirt. Like it. A lot.
2) It seemed like Gaborik and Frolov had moments. But only moments. Frolov did have that one terrific shift that the Step-child turned into the only goal. I do think in games like this, they need to do more.
3) I don’t know if much was made of it, but I did catch a Brian Boyle hit that sent Hartnell to the bench in pain. That’s a shame.
4) I thought Dan Girardi took another step forward. He even played a 2-on-1 perfectly, taking away the pass and forcing the shot, which Lundqvist handled. That’s the way you do it (money for nothin’ …).
5) I’m really freakin’ excited about Festivus.
6) Not sure I like all that line-juggling off three straight wins. I understand the reasons for it, and that a few guys need a spark, but I am a tad superstitious and a bit of a believer in not fixing what ain’t broke. But what the hell do I know?
7) The Rangers are now 2-1 in games in which Chris Drury plays and doesn’t break anything.
8) That’s what you get with Zherdev, right? You never know.
9) Tough day for some of the young D-men. Or at least some difficult shifts.
10) Look at the bright side. The Rangers went 3-1 in a really difficult week, and Wade Redden’s not here.
AP photo, above.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2010/12/19/flyers-rangers-in-review/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://dqmt5fo24ucpe.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/hank-upended1.jpg