From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
December 11, 2010 – New York Rangers 1, Columbus Blue Jackets 3 (Game No. 31, Away No. 16)
• The Rangers were defeated by the Blue Jackets, 3-1, tonight at Nationwide Arena, and are now 17-13-1 overall with a 11-5-0 mark on the road. New York is 7-4-0 in their last 11 games.
• The Blueshirts notched one goal in five power play opportunities (8:16), and have now tallied a power play goal in eight of their last 11 games (8-40, 20.0% over the span).
• After a scoreless first period, Marc Staal opened the game’s scoring with a power play goal at 9:53 of the second period, and he finished the contest with a game-high, 26:05 of ice time. He has now recorded six points (two goals, four assists) in the last nine games.
• Ruslan Fedotenko registered the primary assist on Staal’s power play goal, and has now tallied a point in each of the last two games (one goal, one assist).
• Brandon Dubinsky also recorded an assist on Staal’s power play goal, and has now recorded six points (one goal, five assists) in the last seven games.
• Ryan Callahan led all skaters with six shots on goal, and tied for the game-high with five hits.
• Michael Del Zotto was credited with a game-high, four blocked shots and logged 22:45 of ice time in his return to the lineup after not dressing in Thursday’s 5-3 at Ottawa.
• Henrik Lundqvist stopped 20 of 23 shots and is now 12-11-1 overall, including a 9-5-0 mark on the road. In his last eight games, Lundqvist is 5-3-0 with a 1.85 goals against average, a .929 save percentage and two shutouts.
• The Rangers will return to action tomorrow, Dec. 12, when they face-off against the Washington Capitals at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.) to conclude their back-to-back set. Please note there is no morning skate scheduled prior to the contest. The game will be televised live on MSG Network, and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio and newyorkrangers.com.