From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
December 9, 2010 – New York Rangers 5, Ottawa Senators 3 (Game No. 30, Away No. 15)
* The Rangers defeated the Ottawa Senators, 5-3, tonight at Scotiabank Place to improve to 17-12-1 overall, including a 11-4-0 mark on the road. New York tallied three, third period goals to erase a 3-2 deficit, and are now 7-3-0 in their last 10 games.
* Michael Sauer registered the game-winner with his first career goal, on the power play, at 14:41 of the third period to complete the Rangers’ comeback. Sauer also tied for the game-high with three blocked shots, and has posted a plus or even rating in 16 of the last 20 games (plus-five over the span, including a plus-one rating tonight).
* Marian Gaborik recorded two assists, posted a plus-two rating and led all forwards with 21:52 of ice time. He has now tallied 15 points (eight goals, seven assists) in his last 13 games.
* Michal Rozsival tallied two assists, including the primary assist on Erik Christensen’s game-tying goal, and logged 21:11 of ice time. Rozsival has registered four points (one goal, three assists) in seven games vs. Northeast Division opponents this season.
* Erik Christensen notched the game-tying goal at 3:30 of the third period, and won seven of 13 faceoffs (70%). He has now registered three points (two goals, one assist) in the last four games.
* Henrik Lundqvist stopped 24 of 27 shots to improve to 12-10-1 on the season, including a 9-4-0 mark on the road. He is 5-2-0 with a 1.67 goals against average, a .938 save percentage and two shutouts in his last seven games. Lundqvist is now tied for the league lead with nine road wins this season.
* Derek Stepan tallied the Rangers’ first goal of the contest at 4:40 of the first period and posted a plus-two rating. He has now recorded 12 points (four goals, eight assists) in the last 14 games.
* Ruslan Fedotenko registered a goal at 1:43 of the second period and posted a plus-two rating. The Rangers improved to 5-0-0 when he tallies a goal this season, and are 7-1-1 when he registers a point.
* Brandon Prust, Sean Avery and Steve Eminger each recorded one assist in the contest. Prust has now registered three points (two goals, one assist) in the last four games, and Avery has tallied four assists in the last four games.
* Brandon Dubinsky secured the win with an empty net goal at 19:08 of the third period, and has now registered five points (one goal, four assists) in the last six games.
* Marc Staal led all skaters with a Rangers’ season-high, 30:30 of ice time, marking the third time in his career he logged more than 30 minutes of ice time in a game.
* Brian Boyle led all skaters and tied his season-high with seven hits, and won a game-high, 10 faceoffs in 19 attempts (53%).
* The Blueshirts’ practice schedule for tomorrow, Dec. 10, is 12:00 p.m. at Carleton University in Ottawa, ON.
* The Rangers will return to action on Saturday, Dec. 11, when they will face-off against the Columbus Blue Jackets at Nationwide Arena (7:00 p.m.), in the first game of a back-to-back set. The contest will be televised live on MSG Network, and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio.