- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Penguins-Rangers in review
Posted By On November 30, 2010 @ 11:39 am In Hockey,New York Rangers | 136 Comments
1) Way, way too much is being made of Sausage Lips’ slew foots. Yes, he should have gotten a penalty vs. Callahan. No doubt. And I imagine that if Callahan hadn’t been called for interference he might have gotten up and slugged him. Then Sid the Skid did it to Sean Avery. You can’t cry about that one because A) It’s Avery, and he might have done that sort of thing once or twice in his career and B) Crosby got the penalty (the league must have spun on its head, Crosby getting a penalty against Avery).
2) Yes, he’s got some dirty in him. So what? Tell me you wouldn’t love for Gaborik to have an edge? And I’m not comparing Gaborik to Crosby. Also, the Penguins team plays with a lot more nasty than they have in the past. And we haven’t even gotten to that piece of Cooke.
3) I agreed with Tortorella and the players that the effort wasn’t bad, and the performance looked worse than it was because of what they gave up so quickly in the second, and because it was the Penguins on a roll. But I didn’t think the Rangers had the puck in the Pitt end nearly enough.
4) Are we starting to see a trend of paybacks on Avery? Tootoo was way too happy to fight him the other night, and this kid last night just jumped Avery.
5) Alex Frolov. I’m not saying he’s Zherdev or Kotalik or Lisin yet, because he doesn’t coast or float, and because he has some size and goes in traffic, and because he’s pretty decent defensively. But if he’s not going to start scoring, and soon, he has to find a seat, right?
6) We have all been wondering who comes out when Chris Drury comes back, and what effect his return will have. Well, last night was a perfect examle of how badly they need him, especially on faceoffs, and how much better he is than several players in the current lineup.
7) Faceoffs were so bad, I thought they might just let Pittsburgh start inbounding the puck from behind the goal line, like basketball.
8) I’m going to go ahead and say it, even though I have a hard time believing it. The Rangers are a better team with Boogaard than without him. There, I said it.
9) I thought Lundqvist was very good again. Great sign. I wonder if he gets both Islanders games, or which one Biron starts.
10) What’s the NHL record for fighting majors in a season, and can Brandon Prust break it?
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2010/11/30/penguins-rangers-in-review/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://dqmt5fo24ucpe.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/crosby.jpg