- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Rangers-Preds in review
Posted By Carp On November 28, 2010 @ 7:00 am In Hockey,New York Rangers | 136 Comments
1) I’m not saying Erik Christensen’s disallowed goal should have counted, but it looked to me that the defenseman, Suter, kicked Christensen’s skate, which may have caused the kicking motion.
3) Good for the kid to go out and score the shootout winner. He’s a player, as we’ve been told many times, who needs his confidence. And, really, if this is what he does in shootouts, you have to keep him in the lineup, right? But he might want to not kill himself crashing into the post after scoring.
4) Have I mentioned lately what I think of the skills competition?
5) I’m self-imposing a moratorium on my wrath toward MSG promos.
6) I tend to be critical of Marc Staal at times, but please don’t confuse that as anything but this: I think he can be a very, very good defenseman, and I just think there are some little things in his game that he can clean up or change. And I do think he works well on a pair with Michal Rozsival. Plus, from the little I know of him, he seems like a really good kid who has “hockey player” written all over him.
7) I get a kick out of Jordan Tootoo’s “two-two” sign with his hands after fights (and the uniform No. 22).
8) Here’s a tangent. Brandon Dubinsky didn’t score a goal, but MSG’s announcers named him the star of the game, and that was an absolutely terrific choice (nobody would have had a problem if it was Callahan). So here’s my point. One of the great traditions in hockey is the three stars of the game. I think that selection should be made by the TV guys who have a better idea of what players are doing away from the scoresheet. Plus, the writers who now make the picks have their heads down writing and blogging and tweeting late in the third period when the time comes for their vote, and the vote has to be done with a few minutes left, so anything that happens thereafter isn’t reflected on the ballots. I think the TV guys should do it. They’d do it better, and they’re paying attention late in the third, and because they’re talking about the game for the entire 60 minutes, they know who’s doing what without scoring.
9) I know that his career hasn’t yet reflected his selection as the eighth pick in the ‘08 draft, and that he’s slumped this year. But every time I’ve seen Carey Wilson’s kid play, I’ve been impressed.
10) It’s time for opponents to take note about the Rangers: If they’re sleeping at any point in the game, don’t awaken them. Because when the game starts getting snarly, these guys love to play the game. Give Sean Avery and Brandon Prust assists on this win.
11) Best stat from last night: 6-0 on the second of back-to-backs this season.
AP Photo above
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2010/11/28/rangers-preds-in-review/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/files/2010/11/christensen-shootout.jpg