- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Posted By On November 27, 2010 @ 11:39 pm In Hockey,New York Rangers | 17 Comments
from the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
November 27, 2010 – New York Rangers 2, Nashville Predators 1 SO (Game No. 25, Away No. 13)
* The Rangers defeated the Nashville Predators, 2-1, in the shootout tonight at Bridgestone Arena to improve to 14-10-1 overall, including a 9-4-0 mark on the road. New York has now won four of their last five games. Tonight’s contest marks the first time this season the Blueshirts participated in a shootout.
* Henrik Lundqvist made 29 saves through regulation and overtime, and stopped all three shots he faced in the shootout to improve to 9-8-1 overall with a 7-4-0 mark on the road. Lundqvist has now posted a career record of 31-21 with a .753 save percentage in the shootout.
* The Rangers are now 6-0-0 in the second game of back-to-backs this season having out-scored their opponent, 18-6, and are 5-0-0 when the second game is on the road. Over the last two seasons, New York is 15-2-2 in the back-end of back-to-back sets, including a 10-1- 1 mark away from MSG over the span.
* Ryan Callahan notched the game-tying goal with 6:56 remaining in the third period, and was credited with three blocked shots in 23:09 of ice time. Callahan has now tallied two goals in as many nights, having registered a power play goal in last night’s 3-0 win at Florida.
* Erik Christensen recorded the game-deciding goal in the first round of the shootout, and has now registered 19 goals in 36 career shootout attempts (52.8%) with nine game-deciding goals. His nine game-deciders are now tied for sixth most in the NHL all-time, and his 52.8 shooting percentage ranks ninth in the league all-time.
* Michael Del Zotto registered the primary assist on Callahan’s game-tying goal and was credited with three blocked shots in 18:31 of ice time. Del Zotto has now recorded three points (one goal, two assists) in the last five games.
* Brandon Dubinsky tallied one assist and led all forwards with 25:44 of ice time. He leads the team and is tied for 13th in the NHL in road points, having registered 12 of his 20 points this year away from MSG.
* The Rangers held the Predators scoreless in three power play opportunities (6:00), and have now registered a 91.1% success rate (41-45) in their last 13 games.
* Dan Girardi led all skaters with five blocked shots in the contest, and Sean Avery and Brandon Prust tied for the game-high with four hits apiece. Marc Staal logged a team-high, 27:47 of ice time.
* After an off-day tomorrow, the Rangers will return home to face-off against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Monday, Nov. 29, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in their fourth game in six nights. The game will be televised on MSG Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2010/11/27/post-game-notes-49/