- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Posted By On November 27, 2010 @ 12:19 am In Hockey,New York Rangers | 35 Comments
from the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
November 26, 2010 – New York Rangers 2, Florida Panthers 0 (Game No. 24, Away No. 12)
* The Rangers defeated the Florida Panthers, 2-0, tonight at BankAtlantic Center to improve to 13-10-1 overall, including a 8-4-0 mark on the road. New York has now won three of their last four games.
* Henrik Lundqvist posted his third shutout of the season, and 27th of his career, with a 40-save performance to improve to 8-8-1 overall with a 6-4-0 mark on the road. It was his ninth career 40-save effort and first of the season, and his second career 40-save shutout, having stopped 45 shots through regulation and overtime in a 1-0 shootout loss to New Jersey on Jan. 12, 2010 at Madison Square Garden. Tonight’s shutout was his fourth career vs. Florida, including his first career shutout on Oct. 17, 2005 at MSG (4-0).
* Derek Stepan tallied the game’s opening goal, the eventual game-winner, at 10:06 of the first period to extend his scoring streak to a career-high, six games (three goals, four assists over the span), and has now registered nine points (three goals, six assists) in the last eight games. He ranks fourth on the team in scoring with 14 points, and is tied for fourth on the team with six goals and eight assists.
* With Stepan’s goal at 10:06 of the first period, the Blueshirts have now tallied the game’s first goal in 17 of their 24 contests this season, and have posted a record of 12-4-1 in those games. The Rangers improved to 8-1-1 when leading after the first period, having out-scored their opponent, 18-10, in the opening frame.
* Brandon Prust notched his first goal of the season with a shorthanded tally at 14:25 of the third period. The goal was Prust’s first career shorthanded goal and was his second shorthanded point in as many games, having tallied his first career shorthanded point with an assist on Brian Boyle’s shorthanded goal on Wednesday at Tampa Bay. Prust has now recorded three points (one goal, two assists) in the last four games.
* Marc Staal registered two assists, including one on Derek Stepan’s game-winning goal and one on Prust’s shorthanded goal, and posted a plus-two rating in a game-high, 28:19 of ice time. He is currently tied for fourth in the NHL with three shorthanded points (one goal, two assists) on the season, and has now recorded three assists in the last two games.
* Ryan Callahan notched a power play goal at 5:24 of the third period, assisted by Erik Christensen and Steve Eminger. Eminger, who tallied his first goal as a Ranger on Wednesday at Tampa Bay, has now recorded a point in each of the last two games (one goal, one assist).
* Sean Avery recorded the primary assist on Stepan’s game-winning goal, and now ranks third on the team with nine assists on the season.
* Ruslan Fedotenko, who skated in his 700th career NHL game on Wednesday at Tampa Bay, was credited with a game-high, six hits and now ranks second on the team with 62 hits on the season.
* The Blueshirts’ power play notched one goal in two opportunities (3:46) tonight, and have now tallied a goal in four consecutive games (4-13, 30.8% over the span).
* New York’s penalty kill held Florida scoreless in five power play attempts and have now surrendered just four goals in their last 12 games, registering a 90.5% success rate (38-42) over the span.
* The Rangers will conclude their three-game road trip when they face-off against the Nashville Predators tomorrow, Nov. 27, at Bridgestone Arena (8:00 p.m.), in the second game of a back-to-back set. The game will be televised on MSG Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio.
* The Rangers are 5-0-0 in the second game of back-to-backs this season having out-scored their opponent, 16-5, and are 4-0-0 when the second game is on the road. Over the last two seasons, New York is 14-2-2 in the back-end of back-to-back sets, including a 9-1- 1 mark away from MSG over the span.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2010/11/27/post-game-notes-48/