From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
November 19, 2010 – New York Rangers 1, Colorado Avalanche 5 (Game No. 20, Away No. 9)
- The Rangers were defeated by the Colorado Avalanche, 5-1, tonight at the Pepsi Center, and are now 10-9-1 overall with a 6-3-0 mark on the road.
- Derek Stepan tallied the Blueshirts’ only goal at 6:03 of the third period, and has now recorded four points (one goal, three assists) in the last four games. Entering tonight’s contest, the Rangers’ rookie was tied for seventh among league rookies in scoring with eight points and ninth with three goals.
- Marian Gaborik recorded the only assist on Stepan’s third period goal, and has now registered six points (four goals, two assists) in the last four games.
- The Blueshirts’ penalty kill held the Avalanche scoreless in one power play opportunity (2:00) to improve to 96.0% (24-25) in their last eight games, yielding just one goal against and tallying two shorthanded goals during the stretch.
- Ruslan Fedotenko led all skaters with five hits, and now ranks third on the team with 47 hits on the season.
- Defensemen Marc Staal and Matt Gilroy tied for the team-high with four shots on goal. Staal also led all skaters with 25:48 of ice time, and Gilroy logged a season-high, 17:18 of ice time.
- Henrik Lundqvist (13 saves) and Martin Biron (eight saves) combined to stop 21 shots in net for New York.
- The Rangers will return to action tomorrow, Nov. 20, when they face-off against the Minnesota Wild at the Xcel Energy Center (8:00 p.m.), to conclude their back-to-back road set against Northwest Division opponents.