- Rangers Report Blog - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Rangers-Sabres in review
Posted By Carp On November 12, 2010 @ 11:12 am In Hockey,New York Rangers | 158 Comments
Big day for the Organ-eye-zation today as they unveil their new Heritage jersey, which will be worn Wednesday and a few other games … and which, of course, will be available for sale immediately … and not cheap, I’m going to go way out on a limb and guess. 
1) Andrew Gross reminded us yesterday that Sean Avery leaked the unveiling two months ago. If this is indeed the jersey,  then it’s pretty similar to the one the Rangers wore for a few Original Six games in 1991-92, including Mark Messier’s Garden debut.
2) Two disallowed goals in two games for Ruslan Fedotenko, and IMO both should have counted. Wonder if the poor guy is getting a little paranoid.
3) Marty Biron might still be sitting in the lockerroom being interviewed if any reporters had remained there. This guy is one of the all-time great talkers, and apparently he’ll talk to anybody (saw him yapping it up with security guards at Nassau Coliseum). Just a nice, outgoing, non-stopper. (kinda like Mike Richter in a way; you’d only have to ask one question to get your notebook filled). But you can tell how much he cares about his team’s success.
4) Congratulations to Rangers equipment manager Acacio Marques of Harrison, who not only worked his 1,000th game last night, but also his 1,000th consecutively.
5) It seems we see one of these boarding/hit from behind penalties every single game now, and I really, really hate the rule. I think players hide behind the idea that they’ll be protected and put themselves in dangerous, vulnerable positions because of it. Worse, I think players purposely put themselves into those positions to try and draw a penalty. All I know is in the old days, before the rule, a player knew he’d get blasted if he turned his back like that, and so he didn’t. So he squared up and faced the oncoming opponent. And there were good, hard, legal collisions and almost never an injury caused by going head-first into the boards or glass. I say, get rid of the penalty and the hits from behind will desist.
6) Here is my column on Marian Gaborik’s return, from The Journal News and LoHud.com .
7) Long after the game I asked John Tortorella if he had known that Biron took an Anisimov shot off the sternum during warmups. He said he had no idea and his eyes bugged out. Could you imagine what might have happened …?
AP photo above.
Article printed from Rangers Report Blog: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2010/11/12/rangers-sabres-in-review-2/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/files/2010/11/anisimov.jpg
 Sean Avery leaked the unveiling two months ago. If this is indeed the jersey,: http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2010/09/sean_avery_leaks_the_rangers_n.html
 column on Marian Gaborik’s return, from The Journal News and LoHud.com: http://www.lohud.com/article/20101112/COLUMNIST01/11120358/-1/SPORTS/Gritty-Rangers-still-dependent-on-stars