- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Post-game notes, quotes
Posted By On November 11, 2010 @ 10:59 pm In Hockey,New York Rangers | 46 Comments
In case you missed the Tortorella presser posted just a few moments ago, scroll down.
Otherwise, From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES AND QUOTES
November 11, 2010 – New York Rangers 3, Buffalo Sabres 2 OT (Game No. 16, Home No. 9)
• The Rangers defeated the Buffalo Sabres, 3-2, in overtime tonight at Madison Square Garden to improve to 8-7-1 overall, including a 3-5-1 mark at home.
• Artem Anisimov notched his first multi-goal performance of the season with two goals, including the game winner at 1:32 of the overtime period, and led all skaters with five shots on goal. He has registered six points (two goals, four assists) in the last six games, with multiple points in three contests over the span. Anisimov now ranks third on the team in scoring with five goals and 13 points.
• Martin Biron made 29 saves to improve his record to 2-2-0 overall, with a 1-2-0 mark at home. Biron has held opponents to two or fewer goals in three of his four appearances this season.
• Ruslan Fedotenko opened the game’s scoring with an even strength goal at 14:04 of the first period, and tallied the primary assist on Artem Anisimov’s overtime game winner to post his second multi-point performance of the season. Fedotenko also posted a plus-two rating and recorded four shots on goal.
• Dan Girardi also registered an assist on Artem Anisimov’s game winning goal in overtime, tied for the game-high with four blocked shots and led all skaters with 26:32 of ice time. Girardi has tallied an assist in three of the last four games, and now leads all Rangers’ defensemen and is tied for third on the team with seven assists.
• Brandon Dubinsky recorded the primary assist on Artem Anisimov’s goal at 19:12 of the second period, and led all skaters with 13 faceoff wins in 17 attempts (76%). Dubinsky has now registered six points (five goals, one assist) in the last six games, and is tied for 23rd in the NHL in scoring with a team-high, 15 points.
• Ryan Callahan also assisted on Anisimov’s second period goal, and was credited with five hits in 19:00 of ice time.
• Michael Sauer tallied the primary assist on Ruslan Fedotenko’s goal at 14:04 of the first period, and logged a season-high, 14:49 of ice time. Brandon Prust also recorded an assist on Fedotenko’s first period goal, and was credited with four hits in 15:35 of ice time.
• Defenseman Marc Staal led all skaters with six hits and registered a plus-two rating in 22:02 of ice time.
• Marian Gaborik recorded three shots on goal in 18:40 of ice time in his return to the lineup after missing the previous 12 games due to injury.
• After an off-day tomorrow, the Blueshirts’ next practice is scheduled for 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, November 13, at the MSG Training Center.
• The Rangers will conclude their longest homestand of the season when they face-off against the Edmonton Oilers on Sunday, Nov. 14, at Madison Square Garden (12:30 p.m.), in a matinee match-up. The game will be televised live on MSG Network, and can be heard on 970 The Apple.
John Tortorella on Marty Biron… “We don’t get it into overtime without some of his saves. That is good news for us, not just tonight but for the future.”
Marian Gaborik on tonight’s game… “It wasn’t a pretty game to watch but it was a tight game. We got two points and that’s the most important thing. Marty (Biron) was great in net and I think everybody chipped in and everybody helped the team to win.”
Ruslan Fedotenko on tonight’s game… “He (Biron) came out really good. I thought the whole team played really well. I thought we did much better in the second period and I thought in the third period we found a way to win.”
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2010/11/11/post-game-notes-quotes-31/