- Rangers Report Blog - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Posted By Carp On October 31, 2010 @ 12:28 am In Hockey,New York Rangers | 42 Comments
From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES AND QUOTES
October 30, 2010 – New York Rangers 2, Toronto Maple Leafs 0 (Game No. 10, Away No. 5)
* The Rangers defeated the Toronto Maple Leafs, 2-0, tonight at Air Canada Centre to improve to 5-4-1 overall, including a 4-1-0 mark on the road.
* The Blueshirts registered a season-high, 35 blocked shots in the contest, led by defenseman Steve Eminger’s five blocked shots. New York has now registered 65 blocked shots in their last two contests at Toronto, having recorded 30 blocked shots against the Maple Leafs on Oct. 21.
* Henrik Lundqvist posted his 25th career shutout, and first of the season, stopping all 36 shots he faced in the contest to improve to 4-3-1 on the season, including a 3-1-0 mark on the road. With the shutout, Lundqvist passed Mike Richter, Chuck Rayner and Lorne Worsley for fourth on the Rangers’ all-time regular season shutouts list. He is now 3-1-0 in his last four starts, registering a 1.78 goals against average, .951 save percentage and one shutout over the span.
* Ryan Callahan notched a penalty shot goal with 1:25 remaining in the second period to extend his scoring streak to six games, registering nine points (four goals, five assists) over the span. It was Callahan’s first career penalty shot goal and second career attempt, and the first penalty shot goal by a Ranger since Sean Avery successfully converted his attempt on Feb. 14, 2010 vs. Tampa Bay (M. Smith) at MSG. He also registered a team-high, six shots and logged 19:29 of ice time in the contest. Callahan, who has tallied a goal in four straight games (four goals), now leads the team in assists (seven), points (11) and shots (41), and is tied for second in goals (four).
* Brian Boyle opened the game’s scoring with an even strength goal at 13:12 of the first period and recorded three blocked shots, and has now registered two goals in the last three games. Boyle has now tied his career-high with four goals on the season, and is tied for second on the team in goals.
* Brandon Prust recorded the primary assist on Boyle’s first period goal and tallied three blocked shots. Prust also registered a fighting major in the first period, and is now tied for the league lead with four fighting majors on the season.
* Dan Girardi registered one assist, four hits and four blocked shots in a game-high, 25:13 of ice time. Girardi is now tied for the NHL lead with 35 blocked shots, and ranks second among team defensemen with four assists and five points
* Defenseman Michael Del Zotto registered four blocked shots and logged 21:56 of ice time.
* The Blueshirts do not have practice scheduled for tomorrow, October 31.
* The Rangers will return to action on Monday, Nov. 1, when they will host the defending Stanley Cup Champions, the Chicago Blackhawks, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in their fourth game in six nights. The game will be televised live on MSG Network, and can be heard on 970 The Apple.
Article printed from Rangers Report Blog: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2010/10/31/post-game-notes-43/