from the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
October 2, 2010 – New York Rangers 5 at Ottawa Senators 8 [Pre-Season Game: 6; Away Game: 3]
- The New York Rangers were defeated by the Ottawa Senators, 8-5, tonight at Scotiabank Place, to conclude their 2010-2011 pre-season schedule with a 4-2-0 record, including a 1-2-0 mark away from MSG.
- Todd White led the Rangers with two goals, registered a plus-two rating and won a team-high, eight face-offs in 16 attempts (50%). His second goal of the contest at 16:33 of the second period was the Rangers’ third shorthanded tally of the pre-season, which ranks first in the NHL. White finished his pre-season campaign with four points (two goals and two assists) in four games.
- Ruslan Fedotenko tallied the only assist on White’s second period shorthanded goal, and led the Rangers with a plus-three rating. Fedotenko was tied for sixth in the NHL in assists and ninth in points entering tonight’s contest. He finished the pre-season ranked first on the team with six assists, seven points and a plus-five rating in five games.
- Rookie Derek Stepan extended his goal streak to three games with an even strength tally at 8:03 of the second period, assisted by goaltender Martin Biron (20 saves). Stepan finished the pre-season tied for first on the Rangers with three goals, and added two assists for five points in five games.
- Artem Anisimov recorded the Rangers’ first goal of the game with an even strength tally at 11:23 of the first period, assisted by rookie Dale Weise who was recalled from Hartford (AHL) earlier today. Anisimov tied for first on the team with three goals in five pre-season games.
- Forward Mats Zuccarello notched his first goal as a Ranger at 6:13 of the third period following his recall from Hartford (AHL) earlier today. Zuccarello’s goal was assisted by Tim Kennedy, who finished his pre-season campaign with two assists in four games.
- Brandon Dubinsky registered the primary assist on White’s even strength goal at 3:11 of the second period, and led the team with five shots on goal. Matt Gilroy also assisted on White’s first goal of the game, and finished the pre-season ranked second among team defensemen with three points (one goal and two assists) in five games.
- Forward Brandon Prust led all skaters with four hits in the contest, and logged 17:32 of ice time.
- The Rangers do not have practice scheduled for tomorrow, October 3. The Blueshirts next practice is scheduled for 9:00 a.m. on Monday, October 4, at the MSG Training Center.
- New York will begin their 2010-2011 regular season schedule vs. the Buffalo Sabres, on Saturday, October 9 (7:00 p.m.), at HSBC Arena in Buffalo, marking the third consecutive season the Blueshirts will open the season on the road.