Got this from MSG last night. A bunch of kids from Garden of Dreams were painting the ice at the Garden, with Rod Gilbert (the real one, the legend). They painted this message along the blue line:
Twenty-two days until the Opener.
22: Mike Gartner. Nick Fotiu.
22: Emmitt Smith. Dave DeBusschere.
Won’t be getting over to the rink the next two days … and really, not much going on there with John Tortorella skating the boys into the ice with no pucks.
I do want to start some conversations this week, with my feelings, and yours, on guys like Marc Staal, Brandon Dubinsky, Wade Redden, Tortorella, and anybody else you want to discuss. Suggestions?
Tonight MSG Network does one of its season preview shows. Some of the topics won’t make you happy. Some will. Well, one might.
A look at the top stories in the news, including major signings.
- Mark Messier examines the Rangers’ top prospects and their shot at making the team.
- HNL! catches up with the Islanders’ Rick DiPietro.
- Breaking down the Eastern Conference: the best and worst of the East.
- Stan Fischler explores the top five offseason stories in “Five for Fischler”.
- Hockey players or baseball players? The guys critique the baseball swings of Zach Parise, Kyle Okposo and Sidney Crosby from this summer.