… or, in the words of 20 Cent (or is it Twenny?) … “Holy crap!”
2) How about those Philly low-lifes booing the Cup?
3) What a weird way for a Cup championship to end. Too bad.
4) Once again, Philly goes down with a lower-level goalie. Because as good as Leighton was at times during these playoffs, that was a dreadful, awful, pathetic goal he allowed to Twenny.
5) Leino gets my vote for this year’s Paul Mara Beard title.
6) Time to retire Kate Smith.
7) The only team with no ex-Rangers on it ends up with the title.
8) Seriously, though, the best team from the better conference won, and that’s good for hockey.
9) It’s stunning, isn’t it, to see how much skill there was in that final — yes, Philly despite getting in with the shootout, has a lot of skill — and it makes you realize how far behind some other teams are … some teams we won’t mention? A team, perhaps, that doesn’t even really have a No. 1 line, and has only one first-pair defenseman. Chicago’s going to be around a while, along with Pitt and Washington, for years. And if the Flys ever get a goalie, they ought to be a factor again.
10) I’m not sure who else could have won the Conn Smythe, but I don’t know that Toews was far and away the best player in the tournament.
11) The handshake and the presentation of the two trophies, and then the passing of the Cup, is the best 5-10 minutes in all of sports.
12) That guy who guards the Cup — and he’s a really good guy — does he go to the same barber as president/GM of your favorite team?
13) Jeremy Roenick. Get out.
14) No more “Edzos” until next season.
15) So who won our contests?
AFTERNOON UPDATE, 1:11 P.M.: The envelopes please …
The inaugural BSCFE (ap) Contest winners are:
Contest No. 1: Gift of GAB-orik (Vinny V); Contest No. 2: Izzy Mandelbaum.
FYI, Vinny was tied with “i don’t know carcillo” but idkc didn’t fill out his form correctly, didn’t specify which games on the tiebreaker scores. Gabby had Hawks in 6, 4-3 final in the clincher and had the Hawks winning Game 1. Izzy picked Kane to score the Cup-clinching goal. He probably thinks he’s better than us.
They will receive copies of the book “100 Ranger Greats” donated by the publisher, John Wiley and Sons Canada, Ltd.
Congrats, boys! e-mail me your mailing addresses at email@example.com.