2) I love both of those uniforms, the Blackhawks’ red and the Flyers’ white (Seinfeld reference: “My Blackhawks jacket, love my Blackhawks jacket.”).
3) That was a fabulous game to watch, but not nearly perfectly played. How much of it was the goalies, how much of it was jitters, how much of it was all the time off between the Conference Finals and the Cup Finals? What is this, the NBA?
4) Eleven goals in Game 1. Made me think back to the last time the Rangers were in the playoffs and they scored seven goals over the last six games against an awful defensive team and an unproven rookie goalie.
5) Safe is Death. Just wanted to say that.
6) Once again, NBC can’t get away from the hockey fast enough once it’s over.
7) Why, in the scorebox at the top of the screen, is “PHILADELPHIA” so small? I know it’s a big word, and it won’t fit in the same size box as “CHICAGO” … so how about shortening it to, oh I don’t know, something like “PHILA.” but in a font size that can actually be seen by human eyes?
8) How do you supposed Bud Light feels? It pays for ads on the boards during the Stanley Cup Finals, pays for commercials throughout the playoff telecasts, and unless I’m mistaken is an official NHL sponsor (maybe not). Then every time the Blackhawks score or win, they play the Amstel Light song.
9) Hey, they stole the stick salute.