From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
March 30, 2010 – New York Rangers 4, New York Islanders 3 (Game #76, Road #37)
• The Blueshirts defeated the New York Islanders, 4-3, tonight at Nassau Coliseum, to close out their season series against the Islanders with a 3-2-1 record.
• New York improved to 34-32-10 (78 pts.) overall, including an 18-15-4 (40 pts.) mark in 37 road games this season. The Blueshirts are now 2-0-1 on their current, season-high six-game road trip.
• Marian Gaborik notched his 40th goal of the season at 17:15 of the second period, marking the 21st time in franchise history a Rangers player tallied 40 goals in a season (including Mike Gartner’s 1989-90 season). Gaborik is the 18th different Blueshirt player in team history to reach the 40-goal plateau, and the first since Jaromir Jagr set the single-season franchise record with 54 goals in 2005-06. He has now registered seven points (four goals and three assists) in the last six games, including four points (three goals and one assist) in the last two games vs. the Islanders.
• After trailing 2-0 following the first period, Rangers Alternate Captain Vinny Prospal notched the Rangers first goal of the game at 1:14 of the second period, and later tallied the primary assist on Marc Staal’s game-winning goal in the third period. He finished the contest with a plus-three rating in 20:28 of icetime. Prospal has now registered six points (four goals and two assists) in the last six road games.
• Olli Jokinen tallied an unassisted goal at 12:57 of the second period to tie the score at two goals apiece, and added an assist on Prospal’s goal earlier in the frame to register his 11th multi-point performance of the season. Jokinen also posted a plus-three rating and captured First Star honors, and has now recorded three points (one goal and two assists) in the last two games.
• Defenseman Marc Staal notched the game-winning goal at 5:05 of the third period and logged 25:18 of icetime. Staal has registered five of his six goals away from MSG this season, tying for fifth on the team in road goals.
• Henrik Lundqvist made 25 saves in net to improve to 31-26-9 overall, including a 16-10-3 mark on the road this season. He has now posted a record of 3-0-1 in the last four games, registering a 2.20 goals against average with a .928 save percentage and one shutout over the span.
• P.A. Parenteau registered an assist on Staal’s game-winning goal, and finished the contest with a plus-three rating in 17:50 of icetime. Parenteau has now recorded a point in each of the last two games (one goal and one assist) since being recalled from Hartford (AHL) on Friday.
• Rookie defenseman Michael Del Zotto registered the primary assist on Prospal’s second period goal, and has now recorded six points (two goals and four assists) in the last five games.
• Aaron Voros and Chris Drury each recorded an assist on Gaborik’s 40th goal of the season at 17:15 of the second period. Voros has now skated in each of the last two games, having registered a game-high six hits on Saturday at Toronto, after not appearing in each of the previous 12 contests and 15 of the last 17 games prior to Saturday. Drury has now registered six assists and seven points in the last nine games.
• The Blueshirts do not have practice scheduled for tomorrow, Mar. 31.
• The Rangers return to action on Friday, Apr. 2, when they will face-off against the Tampa Bay Lightning at the St. Pete Times Forum (7:30 p.m.), in the first game of a back-to-back set. The game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio.