- Rangers Report Blog - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Posted By Carp On March 27, 2010 @ 10:51 pm In Uncategorized | 64 Comments
From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
March 27, 2010 – New York Rangers 2, Toronto Maple Leafs 3 OT (Game #75, Road #36)
• The Blueshirts were defeated by the Toronto Maple Leafs, 3-2, in overtime tonight at Air Canada Centre, in an Original Six matchup.
• New York is now 33-32-10 (76 pts.) overall, including a 17-15-4 (38 pts.) mark in 36 road games this season. The Blueshirts are now 10-5-3 (23 pts.) against the Northeast Division in 17 games this season.
• The Rangers have now posted a record of 37-20-11 (85 pts.) against Original Six opponents since the 2005-06 season, including a 10-6-3 mark vs. Toronto over the span. The Rangers’ .625 winning percentage ranks third, trailing Detroit (.710%, 33-12-5) and Montreal (.626%, 57-32-10), and ahead of Boston (.520%, 44-40-15), Toronto (.521%, 42-38-17), and Chicago (.453%, 21-26-6).
• New York’s penalty kill held Toronto scoreless in two power play attempts tonight and have now held opponents scoreless in the last four games, going 11-for-11 over the span (100.0%). The Rangers have surrendered just six power play goals in 63 shorthanded chances vs. Northeast Division opponents this season for a 90.5% success rate.
• Henrik Lundqvist stopped 29 of 32 shots in net, and is now 30-26-9 overall with a 15-10-3 mark on the road this season. Entering tonight’s contest, Lundqvist’s 15 road wins was tied for sixth in the NHL.
• Defenseman Michal Rozsival registered two assists and a plus-two rating, and led all skaters with 25:45 of icetime. He has now registered five multi-point performances on the season, and ranks third among team defensemen in assists and tied for third in points.
• P.A. Parenteau notched the game’s opening goal at 10:25 of the first period, and tied for the team-high with four shots in 16:03 of icetime after being recalled from Hartford yesterday.
• Brandon Dubinsky tallied one goal and four shots in 21:09 of icetime. He has now registered four points (two goals and two assists) in the last five games.
• Erik Christensen recorded one assist and won a team-high seven faceoffs in 12 attempts (58%). Christensen has now tallied 12 points (three goals and nine assists) in the last 14 games, including four assists in the last three games.
• Olli Jokinen registered one assist and three shots in 16:07 of icetime. Jokinen has recorded 31 of his 46 points at even strength this season.
• The Blueshirts do not have practice scheduled for tomorrow, Mar. 28.
• The Rangers return to action on Tuesday, Mar. 30, when they will face-off against the New York Islanders at Nassau Coliseum (7:00 p.m.), in an Atlantic Division matchup. The game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio.
Article printed from Rangers Report Blog: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2010/03/27/post-game-notes-28/