- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Posted By Laurel Babcock On March 18, 2010 @ 4:07 pm In Uncategorized | 41 Comments
Hey all, Laurel here. Carp’s heading update at some point for more basketball, but since you asked, and St. Patrick’s Day is over after all, here’s a new slate with some pre-game notes. All I have time to cobble together now. If Papa can’t make game-time slate, I’ll pop back.
From the Rangers:
The Rangers conclude their seventh and final three-game homestand of the season tonight when they face-off against the St. Louis Blues at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in their final meeting with a Western Conference opponent on the 2009-10 regular season schedule. The Blueshirts currently rank fourth in the Atlantic Division standings, and ninth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 31-30-9 (71 pts.). The Rangers enter tonight’s contest having been defeated by the Montreal Canadiens, 3-1, on Tuesday at Madison Square Garden, and are now 10-4-2 vs. Northeast Division opponents this season. New York has registered a point in seven of their last 10 contests, posting a record of 5-3-2 (12 pts.) over the span, including a 2-1-2 mark in their last five games at MSG. The Blues enter the contest with a 32-28-9 (73 pts.) record to rank 11th in the Western Conference. Following tonight’s contest, the Rangers return to action on Sunday, Mar. 21, when they will face-off against the Boston Bruins at TD Garden (12:30 p.m.), in a matinee matchup between Original Six opponents.
Rangers vs. Blues Pre-Game Notes
• The Rangers rank 25th in the NHL at home with a record of 15-16-6 (36 pts.) in 37 games; the Blues have posted a record of 20-11-4 (44 pts.) in 35 road games to rank fourth in the league.
• New York has posted a record of 1-3-1 vs. the Central Division; St. Louis has registered a 3-1-1 mark vs. the Atlantic Division.
• Henrik Lundqvist has posted a record of 0-1-0 with a 2.03 goals against average in one career regular season appearance vs. St. Louis.
• Marian Gaborik leads the team with 12 goals and 18 assists for 30 points in 29 career regular season contests vs. St. Louis.
All Time – Rangers vs. Blues
At MSG: 45-10-6-0
At St. Louis: 29-30-10-0
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2010/03/18/pre-game-notes/
URLs in this post:
 Tonight’s game story: http://rangers.nhl.com/club/preview.htm?id=2009021043