- Rangers Report Blog - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Post-game notes, quotes
Posted By Carp On March 16, 2010 @ 11:11 pm In Uncategorized | 102 Comments
From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
March 16, 2010 – New York Rangers 1, Montreal Canadiens 3 (Game #70, Home #37)
· The Rangers were defeated by the Montreal Canadiens, 3-1, tonight at Madison Square Garden, and are now 2-1-2 in their last five home games.
· The Blueshirts have posted a record of 31-30-9 (71 pts.) on the season, including a 15-16-6 (36 pts.) mark at home. New York is now 5-3-2 (12 pts.) in the last 10 games.
· New York is now 10-4-2 (22 pts.) against the Northeast Division this season, having surrendered just six power play goals in 58 shorthanded situations for an 89.7% success rate. The Rangers have posted a record of 37-19-10 (84 pts.) against Original Six opponents since the 2005-06 season.
· Sean Avery tallied one goal and led the team with four hits. He has now notched three goals in the last two games, and five points (four goals and one assist) in the last five games at MSG.
· Rangers Captain Chris Drury recorded one assist to extend his assist streak to three games, registering five assists over the span. Drury has now tallied six points (three goals and three assists) in the last seven home games.
· Henrik Lundqvist stopped 32 of 34 shots and is now 28-24-8 on the season, including a 14-15-6 mark at MSG. Lundqvist has held opponents to two or fewer goals in nine of his last 11 games, posting a record of 6-3-2 with a 2.36 goals against average and a .940 save percentage over the span.
· Rookie defenseman Matt Gilroy tallied one assist and logged 15:06 of icetime. He has now recorded four assists in the last eight games at MSG.
· Marc Staal led all skaters with 24:42 of icetime, and tied for the game-high with two blocked shots.
· The Blueshirts’ practice schedule for tomorrow, Mar. 17, is 12:00 p.m. at the MSG Training Center.
· The Rangers conclude their three-game homestand on Thursday, Mar. 18, when they will face-off against the St. Louis Blues at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in their final meeting with a Western Conference opponent on the 2009-10 regular season schedule; the game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio.
John Tortorella on tonight’s game… “I don’t think it is trying to do too much. It is the consistency. Again, it is consistency. It is so obvious how we have to play and see how successful we can be with it. We are just not consistent with it. What we did well against Philly…we were on the opposite end of the spectrum tonight. We will practice and we will move on. We need to come back and beat St. Louis.”
Henrik Lundqvist on the team… “We just have to approach every game like it is the last. Just put a lot of energy into every game, focus and get ready for war. We definitely don’t want this to be the end of the year. We have 13 games left in the regular season and if we want to keep playing we have to raise our level and play our best hockey down the stretch.”
Article printed from Rangers Report Blog: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2010/03/16/post-game-notes-quotes-23/