From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
March 10, 2010 – New York Rangers 3, New Jersey 6 (Game #67, Road #32)
• The Blueshirts were defeated by the New Jersey Devils, 6-3, tonight at the Prudential Center.
• New York is now 29-29-9 (67 pts.) overall, including a 15-14-3 (33 pts.) mark in 32 road games this season.
• Vinny Prospal registered the Rangers first goal of the game at 5:13 of the first period, and led all forwards with 21:07 of icetime. He has now registered 12 points (six goals and six assists) in the last 12 games.
• Brandon Prust notched his first goal as a Ranger while skating in his 100th career NHL game. He has now collected two points (one goal and one assist) in the last three games away from MSG.
• Marian Gaborik recorded his team-leading 70th point of the season with an assist on Prospal’s first period goal, and has now registered six points (five goals and one assist) in his last six road games.
• Erik Christensen tallied a goal at 5:01 of the second period to tie the game at two-goals apiece, and has now recorded five points (one goal and four assists) in the last seven road games.
• Olli Jokinen registered one assist and tied for the team-high with two blocked shots in 19:42 of icetime. Jokinen has tallied four assists in the last four games.
• Forward Jody Shelley recorded his first point as a Ranger with an assist on Prust’s second period goal, and registered three shots and three hits in the contest.
• Brandon Dubinsky tallied the primary assist on Christensen’s second period goal, and has now registered four points (three goals and one assist) in the last five games.
• Defenseman Dan Girardi registered one assist and logged 18:13 of icetime. He now ranks second among team defensemen and is tied for eighth on the team overall in even strength scoring, registering 15 of his 16 points at even strength.
• The Blueshirts’ practice schedule for tomorrow, Mar. 11, is 11:30 a.m. at the MSG Training Center.
• The Rangers return to action on Friday, Mar. 12, when they will face-off against the Atlanta Thrashers at Philips Arena (7:30 p.m.), in their fourth and final meeting of the regular season. The game will be televised live on MSG 2 and can be heard on 970 The Apple.