From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
March 6, 2010 – New York Rangers 0, Washington Capitals 2 (Game #65, Road #31)
• The Blueshirts were defeated by the Washington Capitals, 2-0, tonight at the Verizon Center, and are now 4-2-1 in their last seven contests.
• The Rangers are now 29-28-8 (66 pts.) overall, including a 15-13-3 (33 pts.) mark in 31 road games this season.
• Goaltender Alex Auld made his Rangers debut, stopping 26 of 28 shots in the contest, and is now 9-7-3 on the season. Auld was claimed off re-entry waivers from the Dallas Stars on Feb. 27.
• Rangers Alternate Captain led all skaters with five hits, and registered five shots in 20:34 of icetime. Entering tonight’s contest, Callahan ranked second in the NHL with 246 hits on the season.
• Defenseman Dan Girardi blocked a game-high four shots in 21:49 of icetime, and has now registered nine blocked shots in the last two contests. Girardi was tied for sixth in the NHL with 140 blocked shots on the season entering tonight’s contest.
• Marian Gaborik recorded three shots on goal and logged 20:08 of icetime, in his return to the lineup after missing the previous three games, and four of the last five, due to injury.
• The Rangers won 33-of-58 faceoffs for a 57% success rate, led by Captain Chris Drury (11-of-16, 69%) and Erik Christensen (11-of-17, 65%).
• Michal Rozsival registered four hits and led the Rangers with 22:58 of icetime.
• Brandon Dubinsky led the team with six shots on goal and logged 18:03 of icetime.
• The Rangers return to action tomorrow, Mar. 7, when they will face-off against the Buffalo Sabres at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), to close out the back-to-back set. The game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio.
• Please note there is no morning skate scheduled for the Blueshirts prior to the game.