From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
January 30, 2010 – New York Rangers 2, Phoenix Coyotes 3 (Game #55, Road #26)
• The Blueshirts were defeated by the Phoenix Coyotes, 3-2, tonight at Jobing.com Arena, the Rangers’ first loss at Phoenix since Dec. 31, 2001 (5-0).
• Marian Gaborik notched his 30th goal of the season, the sixth time in his nine NHL seasons he has reached the mark; the goal came at 9:42 of the third period, and he finished the contest with three shots and three hits in 20:17 of icetime; Gaborik has now registered eight points (two goals and six assists) in the last seven games.
• The Rangers dropped their record to 24-24-7 (55 pts.) overall, including a 12-11-3 (27 pts.) mark on the road.
• New York held Phoenix scoreless in seven power play opportunities (12:16), and are now 13-for-13 in shorthanded situations in their last three meetings with the Coyotes.
• Sean Avery recorded one goal and three shots; the goal was his first away from MSG this season.
• Goaltender Chad Johnson stopped 21 of 24 shots, including each of his last 17 shots faced, and is now 0-2-1 in four career NHL appearances.
• Forward Brandon Dubinsky recorded an assist on Avery’s third period goal, and won a game-high 10 faceoffs in 13 attempts (77%); he has now registered six points (three goals and three assists) in the last seven games.
• Erik Christensen tallied an assist on Gaborik’s third period goal in his return to the lineup, after not dressing in each of the last two games; he has now recorded nine points (three goals and six assists) in his last 14 games.
• Rangers Alternate Captain Ryan Callahan led all skaters and tied his season-high with nine hits, his most in a game since Oct. 11 vs. Anaheim.
• The Rangers continue their three-game Western Conference road trip tomorrow, Jan. 31, when they will face-off against the Colorado Avalanche at the Pepsi Center (8:00 p.m.), in the second game of a back-to-back set; the game will be televised live on MSG Plus and can be heard on 970 The Apple.