- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Posted By On January 28, 2010 @ 12:25 pm In Uncategorized | 386 Comments
Enough is enough with the entitlement and keeping on giving people ice time. And so the room has to handle it and then the room becomes better, I think. If it doesn’t, then we have the wrong lockerroom.
-John Tortorella, Dec. 18, 2009, after a 2-1 loss to the Islanders
After that game, Wade Redden saw bench, as he did last night. After that game, Henrik Lundqvist and Sean Avery held a team meeting; last night Glen Sather gave a pep talk.
So there are similarities, even though last night’s game wasn’t as atrocious, in terms of effort, as that Islanders game. It was pretty bad. Granted, there were two deflected goals, and Lundqvist gave up a terrible goal. But the Rangers didn’t create much at all. And sure made loads of mistakes.
1) So where do they go with Redden now? Is it time to send him to Hartford and eat the salary? I don’t see why not. Same with Brashear.
2) I can’t imagine what the Rangers have cooking with Calgary, but obviously it is something.
3) That shots on goal total last night was hard to believe. Just like the 51-45 total in the Devils game a few weeks ago. It sure didn’t seem like the Rangers were pummeling shots at Cam Ward, did it?
4) The Rangers must shop Christopher Higgins, Ales Kotalik and Michal Rozsival at the deadline.
5) What’s all this about Drury/Tortorella saying there’s stuff swirling around the team? Do they mean the negative press, the booing in the arena, or what? And do they expect anything different in New York City? For a team that has won two playoff series since 1997?
6) I am still not ready to completely blame the effort (I think a majority of players really are trying and care) or the coach simply because there is such a dearth of skill, and those with skill are having such woeful years production-wise.
7) Lundqvist might come back from the Olympics in a wheelchair.
8) I still fully expect that there will be more ups and downs, more winning streaks and losing streaks, and for this team to be in the race for spots 8-13 in the final weeks of the season. In fact, I will not be surprised if they return from the Western trip with two wins.
9) Going back to the top quote: When, exactly, does the entitlement run out for people not named Redden and Kotalik?
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2010/01/28/6444/