From the NYR:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
January 23, 2010 – New York Rangers 0, Montreal Canadiens 6 (Game #52, Road #25)
• The Blueshirts were defeated by the Montreal Canadiens, 6-0, tonight at the Bell Centre, and are now 10-5-4 in their last 19 games.
• The Rangers dropped their record to 24-21-7 (55 pts.) overall, including a 12-10-3 (27 pts.) mark on the road.
• New York now own a 37-18-10 (84 pts.) mark against Original Six opponents since the 2005-06 season, and rank second with a .646 winning percentage in head-to-head action vs. Original Six teams over the span.
• The Rangers are now 9-3-1 (19 pts.) against Northeast Division opponents this season.
• Goaltender Matt Zaba made his first career NHL appearance, entering the game at 6:18 of the second period and stopping 14 shots, including nine of 10 in the third period.
• Marian Gaborik led all skaters with seven shots on net, and has now registered seven-or-more shots in five games this season; Gaborik was tied for 10th in the NHL with 178 shots entering tonight’s contest.
• Christopher Higgins and Aaron Voros tied for the game-high with four hits apiece; in addition, Higgins has registered a plus or even rating in seven of the last eight games, and Voros in four of the last five.
• The Blueshirts’ practice schedule for tomorrow, January 24, is TBA.
• The Rangers return to action when they will face-off against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Monday, January 25, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in a matchup between Atlantic Division rivals; the game will be nationally televised live on Versus and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio.