NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
January 16, 2010 – New York Rangers 1, St. Louis Blues 4 (Game #48, Road #23)
• The Blueshirts were defeated by the St. Louis Blues, 4-1, tonight at the Scottrade Center, and have now recorded a point in 12 of their last 15 games (8-3-4).
• The Rangers dropped to 22-19-7 (51 pts.) overall, including a 12-8-3 (27 pts.) mark on the road.
• Brian Boyle notched a goal and finished with a team-high five hits in 10:51 of icetime; three of his four goals this season have come against Western Conference opponents.
• Aaron Voros recorded one assist in his return to the lineup after not dressing in the previous six games, and 18 of the last 20 dating back to Dec. 5 at Buffalo.
• Goaltender Chad Johnson turned aside 21 of 24 shots while making his second NHL start, and third career appearance in net for the Rangers.
• Wade Redden finished the game with a plus-one rating and has now posted a plus or even rating in 17 of his last 19 games, including 12 of the last 13 games.
• Rookie defenseman Michael Del Zotto led all skaters with 24:15 of icetime and registered three hits in the contest.
• Dan Girardi registered a team-high three blocked shots to improve his season total to 105; entering tonight’s game, Girardi was tied for ninth in the NHL in blocked shots.
• Marian Gaborik and Artem Anisimov tied for the game-high with four shots on net.
• Erik Christensen led the team and tied for the game-high with 10 faceoff wins, and registered a 77% (10-13) success rate in the faceoff circle.
• The Rangers close out their back-to-back set tomorrow, January 17, when they will face-off against the Montreal Canadiens at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in a matchup between Original Six opponents; please note there is no morning skate scheduled prior to the contest; the game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 970 The Apple.