OK, I don’t want to make anybody mad at me with a negative tone today, so before I head off to MSG for tonight’s game, I just wanted to fire off a few positive spins about last night’s game:
1) The Rangers scored. If they had scored once in each of their previous two games, they’d have had a win and an overtime/skills point. See, scoring is good. See, the Rangers aren’t that far off.
2) The Captain had a chance to shoot and decided to pass it up. How unselfish is the captain?
3) Henrik Lundqvist looked so happy to be getting some rest.
4) Aaron Voros and Enver Lisin played so well in their first game back. See, the benchings benefitted them. So I’m with Torts. I think he should sit them out for a while now, so that when they come back they have another good game.
5) The Rangers and all the broacasters on the game and the hockey-night show all said the same thing: They have to get pucks and bodies to the net. I know, they’ve been saying this every night for almost four months. This time they mean it.
6) Higgins, Dubinsky, Drury, Avery, Callahan, Prospal, Anisimov, Kotalik — they’ve just run into a streak of bad luck, that’s all.
7) Can’t wait to see how the crowd cheers Scott Gomez tonight. He did so much for the Rangers in his short stay. He got them into the playoffs single-handedly last year when he knocked out Buffalo’s goalie. I’m sure fans won’t forget that.
8) I’m also sure fans will be patient tonight waiting for the power play to make that perfect pass instead of just shooting, shooting, shooting all the time.
9) St. Louis’ power-play goal was about as easy a PPG as you’ll ever see. The Blues WON the faceoff (the Rangers didn’t lose it), then they made a bunch of great passes. There was nothing the Rangers could do, since they only had four players on the ice.
10) Seriously, how great was it to see JD and to see how emotional he got after seeing the photo montage and while chatting with his great friend Sam Rosen?