Just a final reminder, we’ll have a live video chat at noon today. Hope you can stop in. Bring some questions or comments. Access it by clicking here, or pasting this into your browser:
Thoughts on another goose egg:
1) Chris Neil was an unrestricted free agent last July 1, and the Rangers ended up with Donald Brashear? When they need a spark, do they tell Brashear, “go out and give their tough guy a wedgie?”
2) Against the two previous teams who clog the neutral zone, the Rangers got the puck in and went after it. So why not this time?
3) The hits, at least in the first period or so, seemed to be like 90-1, with an endless parade of Rangers getting their faces smashed into the glass, or spinning away from being hit and coughing up the puck.
4) I wonder if a coach gets in his players heads when he starts preaching and warning against a dangerous game like that; if it becomes almost a self-fulfilling prophecy.
5) Henrik Lundqvist sounds like he wants to beat the living abdelkader out of some of the forwards who can’t score.
6) I know Marc Staal has been a lot better lately (though not nearly as good as some voices would have us believe). But what was he thinking on the Kovalev chance in the first period. The puck sails over the net, and Staal just leaves his man alone at the right post. Then, as Kovalev is whacking at the puck against the helpless Lundqvist, Staal tries to stick check it away from Kovalev instead of knocking him on his abdelkader.
7) I said it last night, say it again. I don’t know how you guys root for this team. I really don’t.
8) The last two goalies, the Brodeur twins, they’re both going to have to have the logos replaced on their jerseys, because the Rangers’ shooters sure wore out the middle of those guys.
9) I’d watch that Tooth Fairy movie before that Legend flick they keep promoing during Rangers games. Because when that lady climbs the ceiling it really freaks me out.
10) Toronto wore its white jerseys at home and beat Philly 4-0 last night. Maybe the Rangers should try that Sunday.