From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
January 7, 2010 – New York Rangers 1, Atlanta Thrashers 2 SO (Game #44, Road #21)
• The Blueshirts were defeated by the Atlanta Thrashers, 2-1, in the shootout tonight at Philips Arena.
• The Rangers are now 21-17-6 (48 pts.) overall, including an 11-7-3 (25 pts.) mark on the road; New York have recorded a point in 10 of their last 11 games (7-1-3).
• Goaltender Chad Johnson made 31 saves through regulation/overtime, stopped three of five shots in the shootout, and registered an assist in his first career NHL start.
• After a scoreless first period, Enver Lisin opened the game’s scoring early in the second with an even strength goal at 2:49; the goal was Lisin’s first in 10 games, and his first point in the last six.
• Defenseman Marc Staal recorded one assist and led all team defensemen with 24:37 of icetime; he now has two points (one goal and one assist) in the last three road games.
• Rangers Captain Chris Drury led all skaters with 14 faceoff wins in 23 chances (61%), and a season-high seven blocked shots to improve his league-leading total among NHL forwards to 61 on the season; New York registered a total of 18 blocked shots, compared to 11 for Atlanta.
• Ryan Callahan led all skaters with a season-high 25:09 of icetime, and Brandon Dubinsky registered a game-high six shots on net.
• Marian Gaborik converted on his shootout attempt to improve to 1-4 (25.0%) on the season.
• The Blueshirts practice schedule for tomorrow, January 8, is 1:00 p.m. at Agganis Arena at Boston University in Boston.
• The Rangers return to action on Saturday, January 9, when they will face-off against the Boston Bruins at TD Garden (1:00 p.m.), in an Original Six matinee matchup; the game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 970 The Apple.