- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Happy New Year! … post-game notes
Posted By Carp On January 1, 2010 @ 12:33 am In Uncategorized | 64 Comments
From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
December 31, 2009 – New York Rangers 2, Carolina Hurricanes 1 (Game #40, Road #20)
• The Blueshirts defeated the Carolina Hurricanes, 2-1, tonight at RBC Center to improve to 5-1-1 (11 pts.) in their last seven games.
• The Rangers are now 19-17-4 (42 pts.) overall, including an 11-7-2 (24 pts.) mark on the road.
• Henrik Lundqvist made 17 saves to improve to 17-14-4 on the season and 10-5-2 away from MSG; Lundqvist has held opponents to two or fewer goals in 10 of his last 13 contests, and has started each of the Rangers last 14 games.
• Erik Christensen registered two points (one goal and one assist) and five shots in 20:27 of icetime; his power play goal at 17:36 of the first period was his first point as a Ranger, and his assist on Brandon Dubinsky’s game-winner was his 100th career NHL point.
• Brandon Dubinsky notched the game-winning goal at 11:49 of the third period; he now has six points (four goals and two assists) in the last five games.
• Marian Gaborik tallied two assists and led all forwards with 21:30 of icetime; Gaborik has now registered a team-high 17 multi-point performances on the season.
• Ales Kotalik recorded an assist on Christensen’s power play goal, and finished with five shots on net; he is currently tied for ninth in the NHL with 12 power play assists.
• Defenseman Dan Girardi led the team with four blocked shots; Brian Boyle tied his season-high with a team-high five hits.
• Head Coach John Tortorella coached his 600th career NHL game, improving to 270-250-37-43 overall and 31-28-1-5 with the Rangers.
• Rangers prospects Derek Stepan (USA) and Roman Horak (Czech Republic) each collected one assist today at the 2010 IIHF World Junior Championship; Team USA Captain Stepan is now tied for second in tournament scoring with nine points (three goals and six assists) in four games, and Horak has registered two points (one goal and one assist) in four games.
• The Blueshirts practice schedule for tomorrow, January 1, is 1:00 p.m. at the MSG Training Center.
• The Rangers return to action on Saturday, January 2, when they will face-off against the Carolina Hurricanes at Madison Square Garden (1:00 p.m.), to close out their home-and-home set; the game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2010/01/01/happy-new-year-post-game-notes/