Can I just say that Brandon Dubinsky should be embarrassed for his defensive play? And that Marian Gaborik should be embarrassed for his defensive play? And that Dan Girardi should be embarrassed for his defensive play? And Michael Del Zotto should be embarrassed for his defensive play? And that Christopher Higgins should be embarrassed for his defensive play? And ________ (you fill in the name) should be embarrassed for his defensive play?
Before I begin my analysis, yes, that’s me over there on the right at a family Christmas party. No, I don’t do drugs and I don’t drink anymore. Just happy to be away from the laptop for a couple of hours. Maybe it was the sugar I shouldn’t have had.
1) I agree with Tortorella that he can’t just go nutso after every game like this, and maybe he’s already played that card too many times, but where is the accountability? How does the Gaborik-Dubinsky line keep going out there, especially with another game the next night? As useless as I think Brashear the the fourth line are, if there’s ever a time for them to eat minutes, it was the third period of this game.
2) Along the same lines, I don’t have any idea, none whatsoever, what a coach or a staff can do to stop the pathetic, weak, sorry stick-checking around the net. I don’t know what can be said or done to stop players from doing the worst thing you can do to your goalie (or goalies in this case).
3) I know they all say Higgins is a good guy and that he does a lot of things well, and that he plays hard and straight ahead, and with a conscience in his own end, and for being on the right side of the puck. But I’m starting to think it was a miracle that this guy actually used to score goals.
4) Somebody on MSG Network said that it’s hard to figure out this Rangers team. Really, it isn’t. This team at its best is mediocre. At its worst it’s dreadful. So when this team plays without effort or smarts, it is going to get its shorts kicked.
5) That guy on the new Geico commercials — the ones with Too Tall Jones and Charlie Daniels — he looks just like Mike Sullivan, doesn’t he? Only he smiles.
New poll down the right side of the page. Honeymooners and Three Stooges in less than 24 hours, baby!