From the NYR:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
December 5, 2009 – New York Rangers 2, Buffalo Sabres 1 (Game #28, Road #15)
• The Blueshirts defeated the Buffalo Sabres, 2-1, tonight at HSBC Arena, in the first game of a back-to-back set.
• The Rangers improved to 14-13-1 overall, including a 7-7-1 mark on the road.
• Henrik Lundqvist made a season-high 36 saves, including 18 in the third period, to record his 12th win of the season.
• Christopher Higgins opened the game’s scoring at 17:31 of the first period, and finished with a team-high four hits.
• Rangers Alternate Captain Ryan Callahan tallied the game-winning goal with 6:16 remaining in regulation, and registered three shots in 19:41 of icetime.
• Marian Gaborik recorded an assist on Higgins’ first period goal, and registered four shots in 20:27 of icetime; he currently ranks second in the NHL in scoring with 38 points (21 goals and 17 assists).
• Rangers defenseman Marc Staal collected one assist on Callahan’s game-winning goal to extend his career-best point streak to four games (one goal and three assists).
• Sean Avery registered one assist, three hits and five shots in 16:43 of icetime; he has now recorded five points (two goals and three assists) in the last six games.
• Rookie center Artem Anisimov collected one assist in the contest, and he now has five points (one goal and four assists) in the last six games.
• Forward Erik Christensen and defenseman Ilkka Heikkinen each made their Rangers debut in the contest; Christensen won five of six (83%) faceoffs in 11:00 of icetime after being claimed off waivers from Anaheim on Wednesday, and Heikkinen logged 9:27 of icetime in his NHL debut after being recalled from Hartford (AHL) on Thursday.
• The Rangers return to action tomorrow, December 6, when they will face-off against the Detroit Red Wings at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in an Original Six matchup; the game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio; please note there is no morning skate scheduled prior to the game.