from the NYR:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
November 25, 2009 – New York Rangers 2, Florida Panthers 1 (SO) (Game #24, Road #12)
* The Blueshirts defeated the Florida Panthers, 2-1, in the shootout tonight at BankAtlantic Center; it was the Rangers second straight shootout victory on the road.
* The Rangers improved to 13-10-1 overall, including a 6-5-1 mark on the road; New York are now 1-1-0 against Florida this season.
* New York finished with 33 faceoff wins in 58 attempts for a 57% success rate, led by Vinny Prospal’s 17 faceoff wins.
* After a scoreless first period, Marian Gaborik tallied the game’s opening goal with 25 seconds remaining in the second to give the Rangers the lead heading into the final frame; Gaborik’s goal was a power play tally, giving him eight goals with the man advantage on the season; he also registered a game-high six shots in 27:21 of icetime.
* Gaborik currently leads the league with 19 goals on the campaign, and has tallied 29 goals in his last 32 games dating back to last season; he is also tied for the league lead in scoring with 33 points.
* Henrik Lundqvist made 25 saves through regulation/overtime and turned aside all three shots faced in the shootout to record his second straight win and improve to 2-0 in the shootout this season.
* Rangers Captain Chris Drury recorded one assist, won 12 of 16 (75%) faceoffs and logged 22:20 of icetime in his return to the lineup after missing the previous five games to injury.
* Sean Avery also collected an assist on Gaborik’s power play goal, and has now registered four points (two goals and two assists) in the last four games.
* P.A. Parenteau notched the only goal in the shootout and finished with four shots in the contest; he is now two-for-two (100%) in shootouts this season, including two game-deciding goals.
* Marc Staal led the team with a Rangers season-high 30:24 of icetime; Ryan Callahan led all skaters with six hits.
* The Blueshirts practice schedule for tomorrow, November 26, is 12:30 p.m. at St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa Bay.
* The Rangers return to action on Friday, November 27, when they will face-off against the Tampa Bay Lightning at St. Pete Times Forum (7:30 p.m.), in the first game of a back-to-back road set; the game will be televised live on MSG Plus and can be heard on 970 WABC.