From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
November 3, 2009 – New York Rangers 1, Vancouver Canucks 4 (Game #16, Road #8)
- The Blueshirts were defeated by the Vancouver Canucks, 4-1, tonight at General Motors Place to fall to 9-6-1 overall, including a 3-4-1 mark on the road.
- Christopher Higgins notched the Rangers only goal of the game, his first as a Ranger, at 6:24 of the third period; he finished the contest with two hits in 19:42 of icetime.
- Rangers Captain Chris Drury collected an assist on Higgins’ goal, and registered four shots in 18:00 of icetime.
- Brandon Dubinsky registered one assist and delivered three hits in 18:36 of icetime.
- Forward Vinny Prospal was named Alternate Captain prior to the game, and finished the contest with a team-high 11 faceoff wins (65%, 11-17).
- Rangers defenseman Matt Gilroy led the team with three blocked shots in the game in 22:49 of icetime.
- Marc Staal led New York with a plus-one rating and 23:58 of icetime.
- The Blueshirts practice schedule for tomorrow, November 4, is 1:00 p.m. at Rexall Place in Edmonton.
- The Rangers return to action on Thursday, November 5, when they will face-off against the Edmonton Oilers at Rexall Place (9:30 p.m.), in the second game of their three-game Western Canadian road trip; the game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio.