Actually, not a lot to analyze here.
1) The Rangers, overall, were better as a group on the defensive side of the puck. That was especially so for Staal and Girardi, I thought.
2) Who is that guy in the Redden jersey and what did they do with Wade?
3) Everybody tells me what a great kid this Lisin is. He sure was happy … and who wouldn’t be, playing with Gaborik? Lisin didn’t look out of place there.
4) I’m sure thousands of hearts stopped when Gaborik limped off — and we hope to have an update today — with an apparent knee injury. Be glad it’s not his hip or groin, as long as it’s not a serious knee injury. I know NHL teams like to fudge info on injuries, but I think the Rangers really, really need to be straight with their fans on this one.
5) Tortorella says there will likely be more benchings. Wow! Higgins and Dubinsky, the last victims, were much better vs. Phoenix. So who could Tortorella be targeting? Dare we say the Captain (who, I thought, was marginally better, too)?
6) How does MSG Network use only three of the questions to Tortorella on the post-game show? That press conference is by far the best part of the show, the part the fans most want to see. I understand time constraints, but you have to be able to cut out some of the studio conversation to fit in Tortorella at the mic. Worse, on Saturday, MSG has that whole big hockey show after the game, and gives us only a sliver of Tortorella after the loss in Montreal. Hello? MSG did do a fabulous job with the Big Whistle memories.