- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Posted By On October 24, 2009 @ 10:48 pm In Uncategorized | 59 Comments
From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
October 24, 2009 – New York Rangers 4, Montreal Canadiens 5 OT (Game #11, Road #5)
* The Blueshirts were defeated by the Montreal Canadiens, 5-4, in overtime tonight at Bell Centre to fall to 7-3-1 overall, including a 3-1-1 mark on the road.
* The Rangers defense corp registered one goal and four points in the contest; Matt Gilroy notched his second goal of the season, and Michael Del Zotto, Michal Rozsival and Dan Girardi each collected an assist; entering tonight’s action, New York led the league in defensemen goals and ranked third in the NHL in defensemen points.
* Rangers rookie Artem Anisimov responded to an early Montreal goal with an even strength tally at 9:22 of the first period to get New York on the board; the goal was his second of the season.
* Ales Kotalik and Matt Gilroy gave the Rangers a 3-1 lead to close out the first period; Kotalik’s goal extended his point streak to three games (two goals and four points), and Gilroy finished with a game-high five shots.
* Marian Gaborik led the Rangers with two points (one goal and one assist) in the contest to improve his season totals to eight goals and 15 points.
* Sean Avery, Vinny Prospal, Aaron Voros, and Enver Lisin recorded one assist apiece for the Rangers; Prospal entered the contest tied for second in the NHL in assists and eighth in points.
* Rangers Alternate Captain Ryan Callahan registered a game-high six hits in 18:14 of icetime; Callahan currently leads the NHL with 48 hits.
* The Rangers recorded 24 blocked shots in the game, led by Michael Del Zotto (five), Dan Girardi (four) and Wade Redden (four).
* Vinny Prospal registered a game-high 15 faceoff wins (15-30, 50%) and led the Rangers with 24:51 of icetime.
* The Blueshirts practice schedule for tomorrow, October 25, is 12:00 p.m. at the MSG Training Center.
* The Rangers return to action on Monday, October 26, when they will face-off against the Phoenix Coyotes at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.); the game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio.
More on The Big Whistle tomorrow.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2009/10/24/post-game-notes-4/
URLs in this post:
 game summary: http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20092010/GS020130.HTM
 event summary: http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20092010/ES020130.HTM