Some (late) morning-after thoughts:
1) You already started the discussion this morning: What do you root for if Orr and Brashear have a tangle tonight? I’m sure Orr will be cheered when he hits the ice. You can’t possibly have a problem with that, right?
2) How about Avery. He ticked off plenty of Ducks, including the coach, and it was just vintage stuff, Scott Niedermayer running out of position to take a shot at Avery while Anisimov was putting the puck in the net.
3) The rookies don’t seem to be doing so badly so far, eh?
4) Steve Valiquette pitching a shutout, even just getting a solid win, has to be comforting in this compacted season and with the Olympics sure to be on Lundqvist’s plate in the winter. Valiquette is going to have to pitch in more than he did last year, and he’s going to have to be better than he was last year.
5) I think we will see more from Christopher Higgins. But so far he has only been good. He does enough things in the course of the game to deserve his minutes. You just expect him to be a little more involved offensively.
6) Decent bounce-back game from Rozsival. Another good one from Redden. A much better one from Girardi.
I’ll check back in later from MSG.